Welcome to Fairy Tail Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Midnight page, and thanks for joining our community! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help.
- Questions? You can ask on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Don't know what to do? We have many Projects on the wiki, like the Referencing Project and the Fight Summary Project, feel free to join and help out!
- Here are some more pages you might find useful:
- Policy - follow this to ensure harmony on the wiki
- Sign your name in discussions by typing ~~~~, which automatically adds your signature and the date, so we know who's talking!
Re:Episode article names Edit
No, there would be no point in doing so. All the episode numbers redirect to the Episode pages so there's no trouble in finding the episodes.
|Please read this message!|
|Hello Dragon NJMB, please note that we have an Image Policy that you need to follow whenever you upload and add images to articles. All images must have a Fair Use Rationale (or FUR) and a License. Here are some steps in adding those two to images: (Note that when uploading images, it's better to use Special:Upload as it will make adding the FUR and license easier.)
Failure to follow this policy may result in you being blocked. If you are still having trouble with images, please leave me a message on my talk page. I am more than happy to help. Thank you. ^___^ 09:44, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for telling me! I added that info!! Dragon NJMB 09:59, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
It still lacks licensing.10:01, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Ups, sorry. I edited both images: the Raven Tail's symbol and their HQ. Dragon NJMB 10:09, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks you.10:11, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
No, thanks to you by that suggestion (although it was unnecesary undo the manga image from the Raven Tail article because i was editing those images by including the licensing and the summary). And I see that in this wikia, the admins are more strict with the description and uploading the images (I never see that in One Piece wikia, which i think that is one of the best wikia of all). Dragon NJMB 10:20, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Well, we just want to give the people who created the images credit which is why we added a policy that makes it mandatory for everyone to add the FUR and licensing.10:24, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Hmmm, great idea!!. Dragon NJMB 10:42, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, but the One Piece Wiki can't touch our wiki when it comes to article quality and appearance.
It's that so? Then, why:
- B j erased the trivia about Elie using the Heart Kreuz? Elie is from Rave and this manga was made by Hiro Mashima. So is important, or he is telling me that Haru's mention in Erza Knightwalker's spear's article is also junk trivia?
- When I read the newest OP manga chapter, in the wikia the article (and it's relatives like characters, etc) is updated in the same day or the next days but here instead is not updated (i.e. Laxus's article was in the moment where he was reappointed by Gildartz) and even Natsu's article is where they learn about Jude Heartfilia's death.
This wikia have a lot of strong points (that's why I like it) but OP wikia is more complete and updated with the articles.Dragon NJMB 02:52, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Because that trivia has nothing to do directly with our series. We usually only list trivia points that come directly from Mashima's volume extras and things of that nature. We don't do cross-series trivia. Unlike the One Piece Wiki, who has trivia points that are speculative and unneeded like the one on Otohime's page that parallels her with Martin Luther King.
- I didn't say our wiki was perfect. We sometimes take a bit of time before we update the pages.
- If the one piece wiki is better then please explain why their power and ability sections (tabs) are so repetitive and hard to navigate? It's just a clutter of information that is usually fan speculation mixed in with fact.
- Why is little to no of the info on there site referenced? There are 649 chapters of One Piece and the One Piece wiki does nothing to help its readers find out where they get their info.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the One Piece Wiki and I know they do some things better than we do. As you may have seen on my profile, it's one of my favorite wikis, but the Fairy Tail Wiki is far more organized, clean cut, accurate and better looking.
- It still is Mashima's previous work, and like Magic Spear: Ten Commandments with Haru's Ten Commandments, it should be mentioned. And why is unneeded and speculative about Martin Luther King/Otohime?
- The reason about that is because, there is a lot of info in a single page, so they need to distribute them in tabs. And the info there, is from the anime and manga.
- The references are in the end of the pages: SBS, Chapter, Episodes (not in the way like the images in this wikia).
- And what about the opening/endings? There are no description in them about the scenes of the openings/endings and trivia in them (I included a trivia in Kono Te Nobashite because is the right to do and that way, the user can see that strange fact in the ending).Dragon NJMB 04:59, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
- That comes down to personal opinion. You think that because it's Mashima's previous work it deserves mention, I disagree. I said that the one piece wiki had speculative Trivia, I did not say that the Martin/Otohime trivia was. However it is indeed unneeded. Martin Luther King has nothing to do with One Piece so why is he mentioned on her page. Since the writers of a series are indeed human, there will always be parallels with their works and the real world, does that mean they should be mentioned? Though of course, much like the Ten Commandments thing, what's needed and unneeded are personal opinions.
- No, the reason they have tabs is because they don't make enough of an effort to reduce the info on the page by removing repetitive or unneeded portions and they ended up with so much info that it had to be split. A long time ago, I tried to trim up Zoro's abilities section and I was appalled at how much info was there that wasn't needed.
- Actually they only reference a few things on their pages. Their synopsis sections are almost completely unreferenced unlike here. A page like Zoro's history should have well over 300 references, but it only has 24.
- That's because the users of this site don't take the time to stop what we're doing and go watch the anime openings so we can find mistakes to add in the trivia sections when there is so much more work to do like improving the character articles.
- It's not only personal opinion but they are necessary data and worth to mention (One Piece wikia did, Naruto wikia did, and more). Besides, Oda did his arcs based in fairy tales, japanese mithologies and real life (Edward Teach "Blackbeard"), so Orihime/Luther King could be one of them.
- There is no need to reduce info, the article must have ALL the info. That's why they do TABS.
- Yes, those are the only flaws that they had in the wikia. Sometimes, i have to read the manga to find the trivia that they mentioned.
- I'm not saying that, i'm saying that the users watch the anime when they can in the week and edit that opening's article (like everybody does with the manga and anime).
And BTW, now that someone erased the Magic Spear: Ten Commandments's trivia about Haru, this wikia is not better than One Piece's and Naruto's but it could be in the same quality as Dragon Ball's (it don't maintain the original names but the funimation ones).Dragon NJMB 22:29, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
- What's "necessary data" depends on each person's opinion. There's no argument there.
- Having ALL the info is fine, their wikis problem is not that it has ALL the info so it's overcrowded, the problem with that wiki is that it has information that is redundant (repeated) info or info that can be nipped down and so it needs tabs.
- No, not the "only" flaws. One of the flaws.
- That's the opinion of a typical sideline editor. Always complaining about what's not on the site, but never adding it themselves. We don't have an endless amount of editors. Editors help the site in the way that they see fit, it's not our problem if they don't want to add trivia about an opening which is one of the least important things on the site.
Also, no, this wiki is still superior to both of those wikis. And I'm sorry, but you are in no position to argue with me about wiki quality. I have much more experience than you when it comes to editing and I know what it takes to have a good wiki. You focus on ridiculous things such as trivia and think they dictate the quality of the wiki and chose to ignore much bigger issues.
It was decided that no more Rave similarities will be listed on the Rave Master page. However, the episode is a different story, it should have it. Though I did notice you ignored the warnings given to you, and have noticed that you had issues regarding the Rave Master page before. I will add the info to the episode page because it can be added there, but not the Rave Master page. So please stop adding it there. 15:59, January 21, 2013 (UTC)
I was reading the Rave Master talk page. I agree with the thing about Lucy being similar to Elie but I'm talking that the anime staff included a full-fledge character from Rave Master (even as cameo): Captain Pudding, an enemy of Plue and Griff. Also, the character have the same design that he have in Rave Master, so: why don't include him if a lot of characters like the Jiggle Butt Gang from RM also appeared in Fairy Tail?
What warnings I have? Dragon NJMB (talk) 13:51, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
Please stop undoing my edits. The Rave characters have multiple appearances throughout Fairy Tail and have their own pages, Haru, Elie, Let. When they appear in a chapter, they are listed as appearing, not as having a cameo.--
I'll be keeping undoing that because they only appeared in one panel in several chapters and they never speak. Their articles is because they appeared in the crossover Fairy Tail x Rave but if they speak or appears more in the manga, so I'll stop. Dragon NJMB (talk) 06:22, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
Stop undoing the edit. They have a place in the chapter, and they have had the necessary information regarding all of their in-chapter appearances added. And you aren't Hiro Mashima. You can't tell me that he didn't make them Mages. For all we know, the Ten Commandments Sword is a Holder-Type Magic Item. We'll probably see them fight the Dragons, even if it's just for a panel.
06:13,4/2/2013 06:13, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
They are only a cameo. They are like Pandaman in One Piece: only a cameo with no importance in the story. Also, they appeared before in the manga and NEVER ever in this wikia, they were listed as characters. Sorry, but I will keep undoing the edit. Dragon NJMB (talk) 06:32, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
- And I will keep undoing your undo. Also, there is NO comparison between what goes on in Fairy Tail versus what goes on in One Piece. That is a different story, with a different author, and it is a different Wiki. I could give two shits about the policies and happenings at the OP Wiki. Here we have different rules, and they are characters, and therefore have a place in the story, even if it is fanservice. End of discussion.
06:50,4/2/2013 06:50, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
1.- About Pandaman was an example, and not about the policies between wikis. 2.- Careful with your tongue. I'm not swearing while giving you answers. If you can give a reasonable answer, I will stop of undoing the edit: A while ago, I did a lot of edits about Rave's characters and the admins and users erased that info and now, cameos of the gang are being official (even creating and adding info). The questions is WHY? What happened in this wikia to change it mind about Rave?
- 1 - I don't have to mind my tongue. I didn't offend you in any way, nor was the language I used over the top. I'm allowed to get angry and fed up once in awhile. I'm usually very calm. Ask around.
- 2 - Then why don't you stop what you're doing and take it up with an Admin instead? All you're doing is edit warring with God and myself, which is wrong. If you're unsure, then ask. That's just common sense.
- 3 - I won't reply to you after this, nor will I say anything in the edit summaries. I'll just undo your edits without giving a second thought, until you prove that an Admin gave you permission to take them off the list and add that piece of trivia. Good day.
07:25,4/2/2013 07:25, April 2,
We decided to give them pages when they appeared in that crossover Omake. When you initially made edits like that, the crossover was probably not released. ✦Rai✦01:18,4/3/2013
No, that doesn't mean that. In all honesty, I agree with you completely, Cameos shouldn't be counted as canon, but they are at the moment. For now, just leave the cameos alone. The situation will be handled by me very soon. ✦Rai✦19:19,4/4/2013
Re:Fairy Tail: Priestess of the Phoenix's triviaEdit
The first one sounds like a promotional image & movie difference, and is not needed in the movie page. It could have been a plain mistake Mashima made that was just corrected in the movie. While that trivia about having a movie prologue is relevant, I undid it since it wasn't properly written in terms of grammar. Besides, I didn't see anything like Dyst's desire to be immortal there; he could have been the boy, but we aren't sure about that. He also did not state anything about him wanting to be immortal, he just appeared in the prologue, nothing else; so you can't say that his desire for immortality started there. If you were to say that his desire for immortality started there, then that would be speculation and not a fact. Our trivias must be proven facts, not speculations. In short, I find that "beginning of Dyst's desire to be inmortal." part irrelevant. 5:55PM, May 16, 2013
For the first one, it should not be written anymore. For the second one, we won't do it for you; do it on your own. Before posting something, make sure it's written properly in terms of grammar and spelling. Keep that in mind. For the third one, my bad. I apologize for not being able to remember him saying that. 2:02PM, May 17, 2013