Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So... the cover sucks ಠ_ಠ I mean, Juvia looks perfect, but I was never into that maid fetish thing that Japan seems to love. Anyway, on to the chapter!
The remaining Demons prove to be a challenge for Natsu and Gajeel, and let me just say that I like this. Don't get me wrong, when their time comes I know that they'll probably be defeated in a chapter worth of time, but let's just enjoy this moment.
When Juvia said "Father, can you hear me?" I thought YES!! JUVIA FLASHBACK TIME!! because I honestly want to know more about her than her obsession with Gray and how she always brought rain and was miserable before that. I don't think we know anything about her family so yeah, that kinda made me happy.
But no, she calls Silver "father".
This seriously made me throw up in my mouth just a little bit... >__> So, Juvia doesn't know what to do; kill Keith and kill Silver with him, or not kill him, and allow Face to activate and more or less humanity's demise? Oh, the dilemma.
Can I say that I liked self-righteous Juvia in this chapter. Her short speeches like "Humans are not your playthings" e.t.c. were awesome, because frankly, anything that doesn't have to do with her obsession with Gray is another side of hers.
Then there is the ecchi part. Is it just me, or is this arc full of ecchiness? We had Erza/Kyouka with that disgusting slimey creature, Lucy/Franmalth's tentacles, Lucy/Lamy wanting to blow up her boobs, and now Lucy/skeleton guy and of course Juvia/Keith pulling tentacles from God knows where. Ecchi is actually okay when it's added in scenes like the hot springs after the Sun Village, but please Mashima, stop ecchifying your fights ಠ_ಠ you're better than that.
So Keith supposedly killed Juvia (I lol'ed because there's no way she would die, needless to say) but then it's revealed that she was inside him, and exploded from within. DAYUM!!!! She can probably do this to humans too, since they're 75% water, and I'm sure that this wouldn't be pretty.... >_____> So, Juvia kills Keith and Silver finally finds piece. What followed, of course, was the cliffhanger and highlight of the chapter; Gray temporarily acquires his father's Ice Devil Slaying Magic to kill the Flame Demon, E.N.D. Of course, everyone's mind goes towards Natsu being E.N.D. once again, and knowing Mashima, it probably is, and will be supposed to shock us when it's revealed.
- Juvia's non-Gray speeches ^_^
- Juvia's finisher was CRAZY!
- Lucy wanting to help. Awwwww!
- FACE BEING STOPPED! But what's the purpose of Erza and Minerva now, other than fighting Kyouka? What will Mard Geer do? What about Jellal, Bolty, Wendy e.t.c.? So many questions.
- Gray temporarily acquiring Ice Devil Slayer powers. I love the whole temporary seal theme, which was the same for Cana's Fairy Glitter and Lucy's Aquarius powers.
- E.N.D. revealed to be a flame Demon I guess.
- Juvia. I'm so pissed because this character has so much potential but it's ruined by turning her to a one-dimensional character! She was great when she first appeared and she was one of my favorites in the Fighting Festival arc, but now she's just plain boring. The last time she got character development was in the Meredy fight, and that also stemmed from Gray and was like, 5 years ago. Come on woman, step up from being Gray's bitch and have some self respect!
- Keith, I guess. I didn't even understand his powers. Or his tentacles ( ._.)
- Face being stopped. If it is, I'll be bummed because I really wanted all the guilds + CS to appear and kick some ass!
Good chapter, with some disappointing parts. With some research I can see that many people are speculating for Gray vs. Natsu to happen soon, and although they have a point, Gray will have no reason to fight Natsu if he is in fact E.N.D., or vice versa.
|Raven's Ratings: Chapter 394|
As for other manga, I liked Bleach! The Weirdos are finally back and I realized I missed them. I also liked One Piece, which was kinda slow. Naruto was... okay, nothing more to say really. Is it true that it's ending October 17? Let me know in the comments!