Alright, back for another review! I'm pretty indifferent to the cover, so I'll start with the review right away!
We start with some badass Wendy saying that she intends to have Doranbolt transport her to Magnolia and have Warren contact all the guilds. About goddamn time, I say! Meanwhile Juvia has it tough against Keith, who apparently finds pleasure in worrying her about Gray and just doesn't shut that mouth.
So, Silviora (deal with it) keeps wiping the floor with Gray, being all evil and sadistic like
...until he apparently decides to use Iced Shell. I smell a bluff though, because after Galuna and then Tenrou arc I don't think he'd try that spell again. The Demon takes the words out of my mouth and tells him that ice can't hurt him anymore, but Gray insists. However, he actually takes a lesson from Naruto's book and creates an ice clone to serve as a diversion, while the real one casts Iced Shell from behind Silviora.
There are a few seconds that he remembers all his friends(nice to see Ur and Ultear I must say) and then, PLOT TWIST, second ice clone! Gray then takes out the steel ball he found at Sun Village, basically throwing it with such force that it pierced through the Demon.
So the chapter ends with the final reveal that Silviora is actually not Deliora, but Silver. That's all for the chapter, I gues... ( ._.) BUT!!!!
I CALLED IT! I FUCKIN' CALLED IT, AND SOME OTHER USERS IN THE LAST REVIEW CALLED IT, SO CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS.
Why I like this reveal:
- It somehow didn't add up chronoligaclly, unless using wide speculation.
- Deliora somehow found the dead body of Gray's dad, the child whose village he rampaged? Talk about too lucky.
- Deliora being a Demon and a Demon Slayer at the same time was fishy.
- He showed compassion towards Lisanna, and he also visited a grave. He clearly had humanity in him.
- BEARDS DON'T GROW ON FUCKING CORPSES ALRIGHT
Why I don't like this reveal:
- Natsu sniffing Silver and sniffing Gray's scent. Guys, in FT, family members NEVER smelled alike. Lucy did not smell like her dad. Cana did not smell like hers either, or Natsu wouldn't be so shocked at the Gildarts/Cana reveal. I could go on and on...
- Mashima using a plot twist after another. Why not say that he is Silver from the start? ಠ_ಠ
Why I'm not sure if I like this reveal: Silver was very dead, so he was probably "resurrected"... Hmmm... also, why is he on Tartarus...? Is he some traitor with a mastermind plan to wipe all the Demons out? And why has Mard Geer not seen through this? Or has he...
All in all, an okay chapter for me, but except from the reveal and Wendy's epicness, felt too short and nothing much happened :/
|Raven's Ratings: Chapter 392|
So, Naruto was an improvement this week and looks like Sakura's going to do something good(?). Bleach was... good I guess? I don't remember it tbh. One Piece on a break. Yamada... is it even out? Kenichi is awesome lately! Let me know about what you thought on Fairy Tail and the other weekly manga in the comments below!