|Anime | Manga|
Urano Metria (ウラノ・メトリア Urano Metoria) is an uncategorized spell. This spell has been called the "Ultimate Magic of the Stars".
When the user recites the incantation, the 88 constellations of the sky come down as spheres and bestow their power upon the caster. This person then aims at their intended target and releases the energy gathered into a tremendous attack.
Survey the Heavens, Open the Heavens...
All the stars, far and wide...
Show me thy appearance...
With such shine.
I am the ruler of the stars...
Aspect become complete...
Open thy malevolent gate.
Oh 88 Stars of the heaven...
Ten wo hakari ten wo hiraki
Amaneku subete no hoshiboshi
Sono kagayaki wo motte
Ware ni sugata wo shimese
Ware wa hoshiboshi no shihaisha
Asupekuto wa kanzen nari
Araburu mon wo kaihōseyo
- Lucy Heartfilia - She gained the ability to cast this spell thanks to Hibiki, who transferred the spell into her mind through his Archive Magic. However, Hibiki only gave her a one-time casting, so she cannot use Urano Metria again unless she learns how to cast the spell properly through practice. After casting the spell, Lucy wasn't able to remember anything of what she had just done, implying that she entered into a trance of sorts in order to activate Urano Metria. Later, Lucy learned to cast the spell on her own by doubling her Magic Power with help from Gemini when they took on her form. However, according to Lucy, the amount of power is still lower than the first time she used it. During her confrontation against Tartarus' Demon Jackal, Lucy effectively invokes Urano Metria with the power of Aquarius, granted to her by the Celestial Spirit King, allowing her to instantly defeat the Demon.
- Hibiki Lates - He transferred this ability to Lucy via Archive Magic, therefore knowing it himself. However, there is no evidence that he is actually capable of casting it.
- The name of this spell refers to the very first great Star Atlas, named Uranometria, created in 1603 by the German Lawyer and Astronomer Johann Bayer. The text's name is Graeco-Latin and means "Measuring Heaven/Measuring the Sky", like the opening stanza of the spell. The spell makes references to the 88 classical constellations, which are, like the stars mapped in Uranometria, made up of stars which are visible with the naked eye.
- ↑ Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 215
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 272, Pages 12-15
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 385, Pages 14-17
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 144, Page 16
|Spells||Abyss Break • Adamantine Barrier • Bind Snake • Changeling • Cosmic Beam • Fairy Glitter • Fairy Law • Fairy Sphere • Grimoire Law • Ground Shattering Wave • Hidden • Katsu • Magic Sword • Nakagami Starlight • Self-Destruction Spell • Triple Element Combination Magic • Triple Unison Explosion • Unison Raid • Urano Metria|
|Carla's Spells||Bluff • Sermon|
|Plue's Spells||Plue Eye • Plue Healing • Plue Sonic|