|Base of Operations||
Ur's House (formerly)
Chapter 28 (flashback)
Episode 11 (flashback)
Ur was a woman of average height with a slim, curvaceous figure. She had short dark purple hair that was kept at shoulder length. Due to her training methods, Ur wore light clothing in the cold weather. This clothing consisted of a grey jacket, jeans and a red tank top. Her "training" gear consisted of a green-colored bra coupled with a pair of green underwear.
Ur, during her time with her daughter, was a good, caring and loving mother. While she trained Gray and Lyon, she was upbeat, cheerful and slightly abrasive. She cared for both of her pupils as her own children, though she became extremely angry when Lyon asked her if he was enough to take the place of Ultear when he learned about her taking Gray as a pupil, causing her to strike him in anger. She also scolded Gray for stripping in public. She was also very humble, as seen when she said that there were many others stronger than her, despite others seeing her as being capable of being one of the Ten Wizard Saints.
When Ultear was born, Ur had felt a light shining into her heart and dreamed of a future full of hope for her daughter. One day, Ur discovered that Ultear had too much Magical power, which was causing her to have a fever, so she took her to a doctor. The doctors pretended to treat Ultear, but in reality, they kidnapped her. When Ur returned for her daughter, they lied to her, saying that Ultear had died and her body was too ravaged for Ur to look at. Devastated, Ur did not accept her daughter's "death" and asked them to return Ultear back to her but later, she accepted finally the doctors' lies.
After her daughter's supposed death, she went to live in the mountains. Lyon was her first pupil, but she took Gray in as her second pupil after Gray's hometown was destroyed by Deliora. After some difficulties, the two began to bond and Ur saw both Lyon and Gray as her own children. She then trained them in the ways of Ice-Make Magic, in which one of the training trials required the three to strip, which is supposedly why both Gray and Lyon have a stripping problem. Some believe that she took them in to replace her dead daughter, but she denies this, and claims that she only thinks of them as her beloved pupils. As she used to take care of two kids, the others thought she was their mother, which was why men didn't approach her. She didn't seem to be bothered, though, which was seen in a flashback where she stormed away angrily after a shop owner told her it was time to start thinking about her own happiness.
When Gray ran off to defeat Deliora on his own and to avenge his deceased parents, Ur intervened. It was during her battle against Deliora that she told Gray that he and Lyon were everything she needed to be happy, and that she had come to get that happiness back. She used Iced Shell to seal Deliora forever, but it had caused her to become the ice that is necessary for the process to go on. She believed that Lyon would spend his life trying to unfreeze her so he could fight her and be recognized as superior, as it was Lyon's lifelong goal. So, Ur made Gray to tell Lyon, who was unconscious at that time, that she was dead, although her body had only become ice.
Later, it is also revealed that her daughter, Ultear, is still alive, but she only thought of her mother as a weak person.
Magic and AbilitiesEdit
- Ice-Make: Shield (シールド Shīrudo): Ur performs the indicated hand signs and forms a shield of ice that resembles a frozen wave crashing against a cliff, that was frozen.
- Ice-Make: Leg: Ur created a leg made of ice to replace her missing limb that Deliora had taken. (Unnamed)
- Ice-Make: Rose Garden (ローズガーデン Rōzugāden): Ur releases chunks of ice in the form of roses and thorns towards her opponent which will attack and freeze them, rendering them unable to move. 
Iced Shell (絶対凍結・アイスのドシェル Zettai Tōketsu: Aisu no Sheru): An extremely powerful yet fatal Magic to use. Ur used this Magic to seal Deliora. The user must first form a stance which will then cause a large Magic circle to open beneath their feet. Then a large force of energy will surround the user and cause their body to transform into ice. Then four large Magic seals will form around the target, and allow the user to surround the target in ice. Then once solidified, the user will live as ice forever.
Immense Magical Power: Ur has a high level Magical capacity. It's been previously stated that, if she were still alive, she would have been a candidate for the title of Wizard Saint, a title given to the ten most powerful wizards deemed by the council. She was considered the strongest Mage in her country thanks to her ice based abilities.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Fairy Tail Portable GuildEdit
Ur appears as a playable character in the first Fairy Tail Video Game, Fairy Tail Portable Guild, and is playable only if you unlock her through quests. Ice is her element, and she possesses the following Spells in the game:
- Ice-Make: Spinning Lily: Cost 1 MP, Default Technique
- Ice-Make: Claymore Shears: Cost 2 MP, Ur must be at lv35 to purchase it in the shop.
- Iced Shell: Cost 4 MP, Ur must be at lv40 to purchase it in the shop.
- Ice-Make: Thousand Serif Edge: Cost 3 MP, Ur must be at lv45 to purchase it in the shop.
- Ice-Make: Rose Garden: Cost 4 MP, Ur must be at lv50 to purchase it in the shop.
- (To Gray Fullbuster) "Gray... Can you handle it? My training is hard." 
- "Someone... once told me to think about my own happiness. But I don't think I look unhappy at all. Ain't that right? I have two cute pupils... growing everyday... vividly spending each day. I'm happy enough. I came here to get that happiness back." 
- (To Gray Fullbuster about her lost leg) "It's gone, but don't worry. Don't you think Creation magic is wonderful?" 
- (To Gray Fullbuster about Deliora) "If that monster is your darkness, then I have a reason to fight it, no?" 
- "It's nobody's fault. It's a trial to get that happiness back." 
- (To Lyon Vastia) "Lyon, I told you this before; there is always someone better. If you visit some of the western countries, you'd find tons of Mages stronger than me. When you surpass me, you'll just have to find another goal, right?" 
- (To Gray Fullbuster about Lyon Vastia) "But it's true. That's the only way to defeat Deliora. I never imagined... that Lyon would do something I planned." 
- (To Deliora) "I won't let you get closer to my pupils! This is it, Monster!" 
- (To Gray Fullbuster) "I want Lyon to discover the world; Gray, you too, of course. You don't have to be sad. I'm alive. I'm eternally alive as ice. Step into the future. I'll seal your darkness." 
- (To Lyon Vastia) "You are you. You're my beloved pupil." 
- (To Lyon and Gray about Ultear) "I felt light shining in my heart and I dreamed of a future full of hope for her. I was so happy then. From this tiny little body... the future holds infinite possibilities. The power of life... I couldn't stop the tears from overflowing... This child is proof of my life... My tear."