Take Over allows the user to, essentially, "take over" the power (or the body, in the case of a Vulcan) of a creature or person and use it to fight. It can increase the power, strength, and speed of the Caster, sometimes adding a new skill, such as flying, or swimming. One can only "take over" the power of beings that they truly "know".
Animal Soul (アニマルソウル Animaru Sōru): Lisanna's Take Over form is based on transforming her body parts into that of animals. She can choose to transform some body parts or her whole body. She also gains the abilities that the animal she transforms into has.
Beast Soul (ビーストソウル Bīsuto Sōru): Elfman's form of Take Over Magic. It allows him to record a monster or a monster's body part he has touched and then either take their form or summon it into his own arm. It is said that Elfman actually defeated the beasts before "recording" their form.
Satan Soul (サタンソウル Satan Sōru): Mirajane's form of Take Over Magic. This particular form of Magic allows her to Take Over the powers and forms of different demons. These forms give her a variety of different abilities such as flight, enhanced speed and/or strength, etc.
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga:Chapter 3, Page 22
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga:Chapter 117, Pages 17-19
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 238, Pages 13-14
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fairy Tail Manga:Chapter 203, Page 15
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 222, Page 8
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 222, Pages 8-9
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 49, Page 3
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 118, Pages 18-19