Take Over allows the user to, essentially, "take over" the power (or the body, in the case of a Vulcan) of an entity and use it to fight. It can increase the power, strength, and speed of the Caster, sometimes adding a new skill, such as flying or breathing underwater. One can only "take over" the power of beings that they truly "know". Currently, there are only 5 distinctively known kinds of Take Overs: Beast Soul, Animal Soul, Satan Soul, Machina Soul, and God Soul. In addition to embodying an entity, Take Over can also be used to control another entity  or another entity's abilities. However, it is unknown if the entity one takes control of/takes over the abilities of has to have the characteristics of the Caster's specific type of Take Over magic.
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 3, Page 22
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 117, Pages 17-19
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 238, Pages 13-14
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 203, Page 15
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 222, Page 8
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 380, Pages 10-13
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 381, Pages 17-19