Perfume Magic (香り魔法, パルファムマジック, Parufamu Majikku) is a Holder-Type Magic.
A form of Magic that entails the use of vials filled with Magical perfume. By uncapping the vials, the user releases a scent that, once inhaled, triggers one of various, status-affecting spells; ranging from alleviating pain to curing some poisons. While it is holds significant appeal as a supportive Magic, it also has application as an offensive Magic. Because perfume is not easily blocked or avoided, Perfume Magic can be potent enough to take down even Jura, one of the Ten Wizard Saints, making it very versatile, regardless of the user's own Magical power or skill. This Magic can also be used on the user themselves, increasing attributes such as speed, strength, even muscle size, by an incredible margin.
Practiced users of Perfume Magic develop highly perceptive olfactory senses; notable Perfume Magic user Ichiya often identifies people, and even the nature of their Magical power, by smelling their "parfum" (i.e. scent).
- In the manga and anime, rather than use the Japanese word for perfume, kōsui (香水), Ichiya always says parfum, which is French for not only perfume, but also "aroma" or "scent", explaining Ichiya's extensive use of the word in these contexts.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 135, Page 10
- ↑ Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 55
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 133, Page 16-17
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 276, Page 7
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 161, Page 1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 132 Page 11-12
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 133, Page 6