Mugetsu-Ryu (無月流 Mugetsu-Ryū) is a Sword style used in the practice of Sword Magic.
In the anime, however, it is given a much more distinctive appearance, sporting a western-looking red and black handguard and having the traditional yellow and red hilt-wrapping flanked by golden-colored plates on the hilt, which ends in a very ornate, carved pommel. The lacquered sheath is red and has several small bells tied to the scabbard by the blade's hilt.
Mugetsu-Ryu is a sword style that is used to hit very quickly with Magic flash Sword Magic. Due to its fearsome cutting ability, Ikaruga boasted that with this sword there is nothing that she cannot slice; Erza also suspected that the katana is not just a normal sword, which was later proven to be true as it was able slice through at least three of her armors.
- Yasha's Empty Flash (夜叉閃空 Yasha Senkū): A technique that allows the user to slash whatever they are attacking without touching it with the blade, shattering even Magic armor or weapons with one attack.
- Garuda Flame (迦楼羅炎 Karura-en): A technique that creates fire from the user's blade, it has the same properties as Yasha's Empty Flash, and was powerful enough to destroy Erza Scarlet's Flame Empress Armor.
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 90, Page 14
- ↑ Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 36
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 90, Page 14 & 16
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 91, Pages 8-12
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 91, Page 7
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 91, Pages 9-10