- Magically Charged: A Mage can charge their Magic into a Lacrima to suit their uses. These then can be elementally charged like how Laxus Dreyar made Lacrima into Lightning Lacrima, which are used for casting Thunder Palace spell.
- Communications Lacrima Crystal (通信用魔水晶 Tsūshin-yō Rakurima): The most commonly used Lacrima which is shaped like a crystal ball and used to communicate with others.
- Dragon Lacrima (竜の魔水晶, りゅうのラクリマ, Ryū no Rakurima): A rare and extremely expensive Lacrima that gives individuals artificial Dragon Slayer Magic when implanted.
- Tanning Lacrima (タンニング魔水晶 Tan'ningu Rakurima): A Lacrima used by Ren Akatsuki to create a suntan. A person can obtain whatever they desire in the space of about 5 minutes. The setting consists of numbers such as 61 to 65.
- Explosive Lacrima (爆弾魔水晶 Bakudan Rakurima): A type of Lacrima that explodes. It was seen being used by several members of Fairy Tail during the Fairy Tail-Phantom Lord War. Later on, cylindrical versions of said Lacrima were used by Racer.
- Fuel Lacrima: A Lacrima full of Magic Power that is used as a fuel for Magical Vehicles in Edolas.
- Movie Lacrima (映画魔水晶 Eiga Rakurima): It allows the user to watch movies in the air.
- Surveillance Lacrima (監視魔水晶 Kanshi Rakurima): A Lacrima that records images for various purposes, appearing in different forms. Images can be either reviewed later after the recording or immediately while the recording is happening.
- Lacrima-Vision: A floating rectangular Lacrima that shows images of locations.
- Ultra Concentrated Ether Light Sphere (超濃縮エーテル発光体 Chō Nōshuku Ēteru Hakkō-tai): A Lacrima whose destructive power is approximately 500 times that of Jupiter. It can vaporize everything within a specific area.