Eisenwald Guild (disbanded)
|Base of Operations||
Eisenwald Guild (formerly)
Kageyama (カゲヤマ Kageyama) was a member of the Dark Guild Eisenwald and one of their elites. He is a user of Shadow Magic and he is also a dispeller, having the ability to unseal Magical seals.
Kageyama successfully retrieves the flute Lullaby, but later encounters a motion-sick Natsu Dragneel on a train. He strikes Natsu to obtain a response, but it ends up turning into a fight. The train stops, giving Natsu the advantage, but leaves as soon as the trains starts up again.
Kageyama then uses the train to transport the whole guild to their destination. However, Erigor punishes Kageyama for nearly alerting a "Fly" about their mission. Kageyama helps his guild take over a train station as Team Natsu arrives. Instantly remembering Natsu, he leaves to settle the score with him. As he follows Natsu however, he begins to notice Natsu's senseless destructiveness. Nevertheless, Kageyama has a rematch with him, but is defeated. However, Erza Scarlet arrives and tries to force Kageyama to unseal Erigor's Wind Wall but he is stabbed in the back by his own guildmate to prevent this.
After they find another way out, Kageyama is brought with them so he can get some medical treatment. He protests that they should have left him, but words from Gray Fullbuster cause him to change his mind. After he discovers Erigor was defeated by Natsu, he tries to continue the mission.
As he arrives at the guild master's meeting, he prepares to play Lullaby, but a speech from Makarov convinces him to stop. However, despite regretting his decisions, Kageyama is still considered guilty of working in a Dark Guild and is thus sentenced to prison.
Fighting Festival arcEdit
Magic and AbilitiesEdit
Shadow Magic (陰魔法 Kage Mahō) : He uses Magic to bend his shadow to any form to suit his needs, and can also merge with his/her shadow and the shadow of others, which provides a stealthy method of transportation.
- Shadow Form: Kageyama is able to transform his body into a shadow and move around surfaces. (Unnamed)
- Knuckle Shadow: Kageyama shapes his shadow into fists that punch the opponent.
- Guard Shadow: Kageyama uses his shadow to create a dome to use as defense from attacks.
- Shadow Orochi: Kageyama shapes his shadow into multiple snakes to attack and bite his opponent. Kageyama stated that the snakes he creates will chase his opponent to the ends of the world, but may not be true as Natsu destroyed them all.
- Shadow Pull: He creates a shadow in the shape of a giant hand that reaches for the target and pulls the opponent into the ground. (Unnamed)
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Fairy Tail Portable GuildEdit
Kageyama appears as a playable character in the first Fairy Tail Video Game, Fairy Tail Portable Guild, and is playable from the beginning of the game. He has no element and he possesses the following Spells in the game:
- Kage Idegeri: Cost 1 MP, Default Technique
- Cross Shadow: Cost 1 MP, Kageyama must be at lv25 to purchase it in the shop.
- Shadow Orochi: Cost 2 MP, Kageyama must be at lv32 to purchase it in the shop.
- Shadow Orochi: Noburiryuu: Cost 3 MP, Kageyama must be at lv40 to purchase it in the shop.
- Kageyama's Shadow Orochi spell is based on the legendary Japanese creature Yamata no Orochi, which is an eight-headed, eight-tailed, giant snake.
- (To Team Natsu) "What a pity, for you little flies... to die without getting a glimpse of the dark age!"
Battles & EventsEdit
|Mages||Byard • Eisenwald Chicken • Snarl • Eisenwald Twins • Erigor • Fortune Teller • Kageyama • Karacka • Rayule|