|Grand Magic Games|
Dai Matō Enbu
To determine the strongest guild in Fiore
An event held in Fiore, where participating guilds compete for the title of being the strongest Magic guild in all of Fiore. Additionally, the winning guild gets a 30,000,000 prize.
- Only five members of each Guild can compete in the games.
- Guild Masters cannot participate.
- Anyone without the Guild's insignia cannot participate.
- Each event will remain a secret up until right before they begin, at which point the rules will be explained.
- All participants must return to the lodgings by 12:00 midnight.
- Victory is based on who can dominate across several different kinds of competition.
The competition is held in a large arena called the Domus Flau, which is located on the west mountains in the capital of Fiore, Crocus. It has chains from four different corners that attach it to the ground. Above each chain, there is a statue of a person with a staff that extends inside the arena.
In the Grand Magic Games tournament of the year X792, while the amount of participating guilds is unknown, it is known that previous favorites such as Sabertooth, Lamia Scale, Mermaid Heel, Blue Pegasus, Quatro Cerberus, and Fairy Tail did not participate, the latter due to the guild being disbanded. The winner was Skull Millione.
|Year||Known Competitions||Known Guilds||Known Mages|
|Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki|
- Originally, Mashima planned the Grand Magic Games to be a battle-only tournament. However, because of the commonness of the idea, it was scrapped.
- In the first round of the tournament of X791, the original plan involved a battle between Jura Neekis and Laxus Dreyar, and the two combatants were supposed to have tied.