Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It is a form of Ancient Spell in which the caster is able to attain the abilities of a "God", using a specific element as their type. The certain elemental type of God Slayer Magic can be conjured from the caster's body and be used for various purposes, mainly in combat. It is said that the original usage of this Magic was to slay "Gods". In addition, the color of each God Slayer's element has a black tint, regardless of what it may be. Although it is unknown how one actually learns God Slayer Magic, one such occasion allowed Sherria Blendy to learn it from a book.
Similar to Dragon Slayer Magic and Devil Slayer Magic, the caster is able to eat their own element and also use it for combative purposes. However, it appears that they cannot eat their own "God-like" element and instead one of a lower level. It is not vice-versa with Dragon Slayers, however, unless the Dragon Slayer has emptied out their own Magic Power to create a vessel for the respective element.
- Some God Slayer spells are named after gods from different mythologies, each one akin to their element:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 217, Page 12
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 289, Page 8
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 217, Page 14
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 353, Cover
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 218, Page 8
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 288, Page 13
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 217, Page 13
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 219, Pages 16-17