Gale-Force Reading Glasses (風詠みの眼鏡 Kazeyomi no Megane) are a type of Magic Item.
In the manga, the Gale-Force Reading Glasses are portrayed as a simple pair of glasses with elongated lenses and a dark, mildly large frame, whose only unique feature is the image of a small wing, surrounded by a pair of little hearts, present on the left lens. Levy McGarden's pair also has the quality of the glasses (this being 18x) written on the right lens.
In the anime, the glasses are given a slightly more distinctive appearance, with no inscriptions on the lenses, and the wing being present as an ornament jutting out from each of the lenses' sides instead. They can also come in different colors such as blue and orange.
Gale-Force Reading Glasses allow the user to read books at an extremely rapid pace.
Gale-Force Reading Glasses come in different models. The reading speed varies depending on the quality of the glasses:
- 2x - The lowest quality; the user can read books around 2 times faster.
- 18x - Second-grade, the user can read books 18 times faster. During the Battle of Fairy Tail arc, Levy McGarden used a pair of these for her research to break through Freed Justine's Runes.
- 32x - One of a higher quality; the user can read books around 32 times faster.
- 64x - The highest quality without the infusion of Wind Magic. It enables the user to read 64 times faster.
- 120x - By infusing the glass Lacrima with Wind Magic, the Gale-Force Reading Glasses can boost the speed of reading up to 120 times without sacrificing the desired thinness of the glasses.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 206
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 114, Page 4
- ↑ Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 3
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 7, Page 19
- ↑ Fairy Tail Chapter 114, Page 5