Dragon Cry is a magic artifact, enshrined within a temple in the Kingdom of Fiore. The artifact, that has enough power to destroy the world, was stolen by traitor of the kingdom, Zash, and delivered to the king of Kingdom of Stella, Animus. The request of recapturing Dragon Cry was accepted by the Mages from Fairy Tail: Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Gray, Erza, Wendy and Carla; whilst in the midst of chasing Zash, they infiltrate the Kingdom of Stella. During their mission, they meet Animus' aid, Sonya...
What does Animus plan to do with Dragon Cry? Sonya wants to save her country, what secret is she hiding? Within the interlacing ulterior motives, Fairy Tail fights against the danger that is the menacing world!
And in the middle of this heroic battle, Natsu's instinct awakens...?!
Characters in Order of Appearance
Battles & Events
Magic, Spells, and Abilities used
- Leg Gauntlets
- François Catherine (フランソワ・キャトリン Furansowa Kyatorin)
- Dragon Cry (竜の涙 Doragon Kurai)
- In the premiere trailer for the movie it was announced the Alvarez Empire arc would be the final arc of the Fairy Tail series.
- From Hiro Mashima's interview with WebNewType.com discussing the concept of Dragon Cry:
- Mashima had drawn the original storyboard, being almost 200 pages worth of content.
- Mashima wanted the movie to coincide with the climax of the story, although he didn't plan on it happening. Talk of a second movie was brought up directly after Fairy Tail: Phoenix Priestess's screening. Also, while the first movie he wanted the viewers to cry, he wanted the second movie to be more simple with action-filled scenes and flashy battles.
- A certain character's past that is revealed in the movie which hasn't been touched in the manga. Along with this, there have been parts cut due to restraints while there are parts included only in the movie that the manga couldn't include.
- Mashima worked on the storyboard as if it were a weekly serialization.
- Dragon Cry ranked #10 opening week in Japan with 38 out of 101 theaters that screened the movie sold out.