|Close | Full|
|Black Wing Armor|
Kureha no Yoroi
Black Wing Armor (黒羽の鎧 Kureha no Yoroi) is one of Erza Scarlet's armors.
As its name implies, this armor is black in color, sporting some silver trimming. A distinctive feature of the armor is its pair of wings, which are reminiscent of those of a Dragon or a bat. Around Erza’s neck is a neck guard decorated by several gems, and, while wearing this armor, her long scarlet hair is tied up in a high ponytail, with two bangs framing her face. Her large shoulderpads, each composed of two silver-edged plates one over the other, sport silver crosses on them too, and flank the high collar, whose shape is reminiscent of that of a dress. The silver-edged breastplate reveals a fair amount of Erza’s cleavage and belly, with plates flanking her hips and reaching down to her very large waistguard, composed of very long, silver-edged plates shaped like feathers and decorated by silver crosses. The waistguard leaves the front of Erza’s body exposed, with her groin being covered by a dark indument. The slim gauntlets come equipped with prominent protection for her hands, each sporting silver patterns. The plates guarding her legs are sliver-edged on her thighs and knees, but pitch black dark on her metal greaves.
Flight: While equipped, this armor grants the user the ability to fly around for short distances.
Increased Offense: This armor increases the user's offensive capabilities, and allows the user to use it in conjunction with any number of weapons in order to deal the users' enemy great damage.
- Sword: Black Wing Armor allows the user to summon a single sword. The sword itself sports an intricate design with a multicolored purple and silver blade accompanied by two red diamond shaped gems, equally spread apart on the sword's blade. Along with that, it also has a brown hilt with a golden hand guard. However, in the manga it appears more simplistic, missing the intricate sword design with the gems no longer on the blade.
- Axes: Black Wing Armor also gives the user the ability to summon two axes. Each ax appears the same with a purple handle leading up to the axes' blade which is black in color and ended up in a gold pointed tip. They also have bandages that wraps the axes' shaft below the blade.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 26
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 60, Page 9
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 243, Page 8
- ↑ Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 117
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 60, Page 11
- ↑ Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 113