Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mirajane Strauss (ミラジェーン・ストラウス Mirajēn Sutorausu) is an S-Class Mage of the Fairy Tail Guild, as well as its "drawing card", and is often a model for the Sorcerer Magazine. She is the older sister of Elfman and Lisanna.
Mirajane is a slim young woman of below average height. She has long, white hair which curls slightly at the ends, with two bangs framing her face and reaching down to her chest; her hairstyle's most distinctive trait is a short, upward ponytail obtained by gathering and tying the hair covering her forehead. Due to her always adopting such fashion, her hair seems to have adapted to it, with the hair on her forehead remaining pointed upwards even when not tied. She has large blue eyes and a curvy, voluptuous body, with large breasts. Her white Fairy Tail Stamp is located on her left thigh. Mirajane is widely known for her beauty, being Fairy Tail’s drawing card and having posed many times for the Sorcerer Magazine.
Mirajane’s most commonly seen attire is a sleeveless, ankle-length maroon dress with a pleated skirt. The chest is adorned by a large, pink bow, and similarly colored trimmings frame the rather ample neckline, acting as straps, and circle around the waist. Mirajane also wears high-heeled shoes that match her dress, and accessorizes with a small chain necklace with a blue oval gem attached to it, and a bracelet made of white flowers circling her right wrist.
When performing one of her songs after Team Natsu’s return from the Tower of Heaven, she was shown donning a leopard print dress with plain inners, a slashed skirt, a plain ribbon in the same place as the one in her standard outfit, a similarly plain, large sash tied around her waist, with its two large edges hanging down on both of her sides, and thin straps holding up the dress above her chest. On her feet, she wore sandals with the front straps being crossed in an "X" shape. Later, she switched to a more casual and skimpy attire to perform different music, this being a leather band covering her breasts, a matching leather miniskirt and fishnet stockings held up by suspenders. Later, when she was bound, gagged and stored away by Gajeel Redfox so that he could sing in her place and make friends with his new guildmates, she donned the attire of a Fairy Tail waitress, consisting of a dark, short and revealing strapless one-piece dress with lighter edges, bearing the writing “Fairy” on a lighter stripe going down from her right breast to her upper left hip, plus a light-colored symbol of Fairy Tail on the front right part of her waist. She also wore a small, light collar with a thin ribbon holding it up, light-colored boots reaching up above her thighs, and similarly long gloves, almost reaching up to her shoulders. Both the boots and the gloves had belt-like upper edges each closed by a button.
On Tenrou Island, she adopted a more casual style, with her usual dress being replaced by a much shorter, plain and light-colored one, whose only particular feature was a very small, dark ribbon occupying the same place as the one on her maroon dress, paired with some dark stitchings around the neckline. She was also shown wearing light flip-flops on her feet, and didn’t sport her accessories anymore. After this attire was torn as a result of her fight with Azuma, she replaced it with a new one, a towel-like dress held up by two straps circling her neck. She also had most of her body wrapped in bandages due to her injuries.
In her younger years, Mirajane wore a gothic-looking, overly revealing outfit matching the tomboyish personality she had at the time. She donned a dark, skimpy sleeveless shirt adorned with some light curved motifs on the chest, a pair of leather shorts held up by a studded belt with a demonic-looking buckle and thigh-high boots with stiletto heels, each bearing a skull adorned by a flower on their upper front parts. She also sported a bracelet shaped like a demonic arm around her right wrist, a ring on the same hand's middle finger, and dark nail polish. She didn't have her front ponytail, instead letting a large strand cover her forehead freely, and had most of her hair tied in a high, larger ponytail on the back of her head by a massive dark ribbon.
In her younger years, Mirajane was known as "The Demon" (魔人 Majin), and before Lisanna's pseudo-death, she used to be a very feared person, infamous amongst guilds and criminals alike. She dressed in a punk-gothic style, and was rather temperamental and bad-mouthed everyone, especially Erza, whom she had quite a rivalry with from when they were kids. Despite this, she had initially been very withdrawn and held reservations about who she was due to her Demon-like powers. Even though Makarov assured her that it was just a type of Magic, Mirajane questioned whether she was even human. Before she could throw herself away, though, her brother and sister were able to connect with her once again by learning their own Take Over Magic.
Due to a past incident involving the apparent death of her younger sister, Lisanna, Mirajane somehow lost much of her magical ability and her will to fight (both of which have since returned), and her personality changed drastically.
Now, Mirajane is a loving and caring person who treats her friends, and even strangers, with kindness. Mirajane plays a motherly role within the guild, and is often seen running the bar at the guild hall. She has rarely been shown to be in a bad mood, and can tolerate all of the guild's eccentricities. However, there have been a couple events that have disturbed Mirajane, including her discovery of the theft of an S-Class job by Natsu Dragneel, Happy and Lucy Heartfilia, and her later conflict with Laxus Dreyar following the destruction of the guild building.
In keeping with her motherly role, Mirajane is very determined to protect her comrades. She has gone so far as to change her appearance, in order to fool the Phantom Lord Guild into thinking she was Lucy, whom they were trying to capture. Along with running a bar, Mirajane shows great talent not only in modeling, but playing the guitar and singing. She is very popular, not only among the Fairy Tail members, but also with many people outside of the guild. She likes cooking and has since her younger, tomboyish years. Mirajane was described by Lisanna as being a good cook, preparing food alongside Elfman for the three Take Over Siblings. She dislikes cockroaches. She is sensitive to being called stupid, as shown when she cried due to Gray unknowingly calling her an idiot.
In her younger years, Mirajane's parents died and she and her siblings lived alone after that. At around the age of 13, Mirajane helped the townspeople by defeating a Demon that had taken over the church. However, being unaware of her magical abilities at the time, she took on some of the said creature's appearance, being scorned by the townspeople and believing herself to be a monster. With no choice but to leave, she and her siblings then happened upon Fairy Tail, and, learning that she was not possessed, agreed to join the guild. Despite this though, Mirajane still believed herself to be a monster, and attempted to leave Magnolia; however, she was stopped by Elfman and Lisanna, who had learned their own versions of Take-Over so that their older sister wouldn't be alone.
When she was younger, she was always in brawls with her rival of the time, Erza Scarlet. She even intimidated many of the older members, due to her punkish attitude and bullying tendencies. Despite teasing Natsu endlessly, she always had a soft spot for him, finding him to be cute when he cries. As she grew older, her abilities increased tremendously, and in the year X781, at the age of 16, she became an S-Class Mage, being the second youngest Mage in Fairy Tail to do so; only Erza was younger when she achieved the same honor.
One year after the promotion, during a mission with her younger siblings, Elfman and Lisanna, Lisanna was supposedly killed by Elfman, due to him losing control when he tried to take over "The Beast". The shock of Lisanna's loss caused Mirajane's personality to shift dramatically; she abandoned her bullying tendencies and became the sweet and motherly figure beloved by the guild today. She also lost her will to fight and the vast majority of her Magic Power.
Mirajane greets Lucy Heartfilia when she first arrives at the Fairy Tail Guild and a large scale brawl begins due to Natsu Dragneel. Lucy asks Mirajane if she is supposed to stop it, and Mirajane replies that it happens all the time. When she is hit on the head by a bottle, she starts to bleed but is otherwise unfazed, stating that it's more fun like this, much to the shock of Lucy. Later, Mirajane explains Natsu's past to Lucy, and the pain that all Mages in Fairy Tail share.
Mirajane explains to Lucy about the regular meeting of the Guild Masters of different provinces, and about Dark Guilds. Later, when Erza arrives and tells Natsu and Gray that they are going on a mission with her, Mirajane welcomes Erza back and remarks that theirs could very well be the strongest team in Fairy Tail. However, she is worried that the three are incapable of working together without arguing, so asks Lucy to tag along as a mediator. Later, Mirajane sends Makarov a letter informing him about the newly formed team, much to Makarov's dismay.
Galuna Island arc
Mirajane helps explain to Lucy about the S-Class Mages and the Guild's rule regarding the second floor. Later, she is visibly upset when she finds that Happy stole an S-Class mission during the night. She soon learns that Laxus did nothing to stop him and she gives him a frightful glare which, as he hints, is more befitting her former 'Demon' persona.
Phantom Lord arc
When Team Natsu returns to the guild hall after a job and discovers the building in disarray, Mirajane escorts them down to the basement as she explains that Phantom Lord attacked the guild during the night. She then tells an inebriated Makarov to behave as he starts to spank Lucy for taking a S-Class mission, despite only giving Natsu and Gray a smack on the head.
Later, after Makarov loses his power, Mirajane and Cana Alberona try to call Mystogan and Laxus back to the guild to assist the war effort. However, as Laxus badmouths the guild and starts to harass her, Mirajane loses her patience with him and destroys the Communication Lacrima with one punch, questioning aloud how someone in Fairy Tail can be so cruel. As Phantom Lord descends, she declares she can't battle and instead transforms into Lucy. However, she is captured and taken as a hostage.
Her capture helps Elfman regain his lost Magic, Full Body Take Over, and gives him the ability to defeat Element 4's Sol. After defeating Sol, Elfman makes his way to Mirajane, freeing her and apologizing to her for again taking the form that killed their sister. However, Mirajane comforts him and figures out how to stop the Abyss Break. They later catch up to Gray, who has just defeated Juvia, and explain the details to him, then join up with Erza who has just defeated Aria. Master Jose then arrives, complimenting them before taking Elfman and Gray out instantly. She is later seen waking, and retreating when Master Makarov arrives. After the Guild War ends, she is later seen celebrating the Guild's victory.
Mirajane provides Lucy with a "special job" that she has been saving. Mirajane, along with Makarov, Bob, Goldmine and Yajima, goes to watch Team Natsu as they perform. She is later seen explaining to Elfman about Natsu and Gray's pillow fight, and why they were arguing about it. Mirajane then has to inform all of Loke's girlfriends that she doesn't know his whereabouts.
Battle of Fairy Tail arc
Mirajane plays a beautiful ballad for everyone when Team Natsu returns from Tower of Heaven, and as Natsu starts a huge fight, she switches to a rock song, complete with wardrobe change. The next day, she is apprehended by Gajeel Redfox so he can perform his own song. Later, she performs as the returning champion in the "Miss Fairy Tail" pageant. She apparently shoots down all hopes of winning as she turns her head into Happy and Gajeel's, turning into the latter in retaliation for apprehending her the other day. She is then turned to stone by Evergreen, along with the other girls. Once Erza defeats Evergreen in battle, Mirajane and the other participants in the Miss Fairy Tail contest return to normal.
She is later seen after Freed defeats Cana. Elfman tries to fight Freed, but is easily defeated. Freed then keeps attacking Elfman even after he's no longer able to fight, making Mirajane beg for him to stop. When Freed attempts to kill Elfman with his Magic, Mirajane finally snaps. The clouds part as she lets out a scream and a huge burst of Magic Power destroys the terrain around her. She activates her Magic, Take Over: Satan Soul. As she and Freed begin to battle, she completely overwhelms him in both power and speed. As their battle progresses, Freed remarks that the only way to beat a Demon is with a Demon, and he uses his Dark Écriture: Darkness which turns him into a Demon, but even then, Mirajane continues to easily overpower him. Just as she is about to finish Freed off, she has a vision of her younger sister Lisanna, and decides to spare his life. She then begins talking to Freed about the guild members, making Freed cry. The battle ends as a draw, since Freed was defeated and Mirajane had lost her will to fight.
Later, she is seen on Fantasia Parade, along with her brother, Elfman, where she appears from a rose and then transforms herself into a giant gecko-like animal.
Oración Seis arc
Mirajane explains to everyone about the Dark Guilds, and greets Makarov when he tells everyone about the plan to destroy Oración Seis. Makarov and Mirajane speak a little bit about Oración Seis and their connection with Jellal. After the battle and when Wendy joins the Fairy Tail Guild, Mirajane is seen explaining Gildarts' history to Lucy as he returns.
Note: Events in this arc occur only in the anime and do not constitute canon material.
When Team Natsu, Wendy, and Carla return to the guild, she warmly welcomes the latter two, and asks what kind of Magic they use. Later, when Gildarts comes back, he is surprised to see how much Mirajane has grown and how much she has changed.
When Anima is about to absorb Fairy Tail and Magnolia Town, Mirajane is shown going out to church with Elfman, even in the heavy rain, for Lisanna's death anniversary. Following the events in Edolas, she and Elfman continue on to the graveyard, and offer their prayers for the anniversary of Lisanna's death. Elfman says that they should leave, but she says she wants to stay a little bit longer. Just then, they hear a voice calling out to them, and turn around to see Lisanna running towards them. Immediately left speechless, they can't believe their eyes, but then become filled with joy when they reunite with a hug.
Tenrou Island arc
After the welcome party for Lisanna, Mirajane is seen sleeping on the floor with Lisanna, Elfman, Jet, and Droy. Later, she talks to Lucy about Cana's claim that she was thinking about leaving the guild. At the announcement of the S-Class Trial, after all the rules were explained, it was then revealed that Erza, Gildarts and Mirajane would also be participating in the trial as well, though their main role is to hinder the participants from progressing further into the trial in any way they possibly can.
She is later revealed to be in path A, waiting for her opponents, Elfman and Evergreen, with her Take Over Satan Soul activated. Later, Elfman and Evergreen, being overwhelmed by Mirajane, barely pass the exam; it is revealed that they told Mirajane that they are getting married, which shocked her and gave them an opening to defeat her. She believes that they lied to beat her, but then imagines them having a very ugly child, which causes her to cry.
Similar to everyone else when thinking about Mest, Mirajane can't exactly recall him entering the guild. Later, after Grimoire Heart lands on Tenrou Island, she and Lisanna fight off some members of Grimoire Heart without much effort. Azuma then confronts them, and Mirajane tells Lisanna to get back.
Azuma starts using his Great Tree Arc, so Lisanna recommends that Mirajane use Satan Soul to defeat Azuma, but she says she can't use the spell over and over again so much. Azuma then realizes he is fighting "the Demon Mirajane," and requests a serious match against her Demon form. She doesn't respond and tells Lisanna to run away, because she can tell Azuma is very strong. Since she doesn't respond to Azuma's request, he traps Lisanna in a ticking time bomb. As Mirajane panics, Azuma tells her that the bomb will go off in three minutes, and that is the time she has to defeat him. She calls him a coward, but he says he will do anything to face the Demon. Without a choice, she uses Satan Soul, even though she knows she won't be able to retain it for long.
After she and Azuma battle for a while, Mirajane realizes she doesn't have enough time to defeat him, so she flies over to Lisanna, and deactivates Satan Soul. She apologizes to Lisanna, telling her that she is unable to defeat him due to the lack of time left, but she believes there is someone in the guild who can. She then tells her she's going to forfeit, but not to worry, because Lisanna was the one person she would not let die. The bomb goes off with her hugging Lisanna. After the explosion, Mirajane's heavily damaged body covers Lisanna, saving her from the blast. Her sister calls her name, but she gives no response. Azuma, disappointed, walks away. She is later seen recovering alongside Gajeel, with Lisanna and Levy by her side.
Later, after Hades is defeated, a few Grimoire Heart Guild members attempt to attack all the Fairy Tail members that fought Hades, but Mirajane intervenes, along with the Thunder God Tribe, Gajeel, Levy, Cana, Lisanna, Elfman, and Makarov. When Grimoire Heart finally leaves Tenrou Island, she and the rest of the Fairy Tail members go rest at their camp.
Their rest, however, is cut short when Acnologia arrives and attacks the guild members. Mirajane is horrified when Makarov holds the beast off, and tells his guild members that his final order is for them to escape. She heeds his order and attempts to flee Tenrou Island; however, like the rest of Fairy Tail, she comes back. She activates Satan Soul and attempts to fight Acnologia. When Acnologia flies into the air and prepares to use some sort of Dragon Breath, the Fairy Tail members hold hands and give all their Magic Power to Freed in an attempt to negate the attack, but they fail and Tenrou Island is destroyed.
Mirajane, along with the others, returns to the Fairy Tail Guild after being found by Bisca, Alzack, Jet, Droy, Max, Warren and the Trimens from Blue Pegasus. The returning Fairy Tail members are warmly welcomed back by Romeo. Later, Mirajane and Erza accompany Makarov to the Twilight Ogre Guild to pay them back, though it isn't for money. The three of them proceed to fight the entire guild.
Key of the Starry Sky arc
Note: Events in this arc occur only in the anime and do not constitute canon material.
Grand Magic Games arc
After the guild decides to join the Grand Magic Games, Mirajane, together with her teammates Elfman, Lisanna and Cana, hike out to the mountain to train and enhance their power. Upon returning from this training, Mirajane is chosen by Makarov to be part of Fairy Tail's Team B, along with Laxus, Gajeel, Juvia and Jellal Fernandes (disguised as Mystogan). She accepts after the offer prompts her to imagine Erza obeying her. The team ultimately bests Fairy Tail's Team A and places second in the preliminary rounds, defeated only by Team Sabertooth.
As the Grand Magic Games start, the first event, Hidden, is announced. Gray enters the event and loses, and when the battles start, both Lucy and Jellal lose as well. Later, Mirajane, along with the rest of the Fairy Tail Guild, heads to a local bar to celebrate Fairy Tail's terrible loss on the first day of the Grand Magic Games, and she and Erza each promise each other to do their best.
During the events of the second day, Chariot, everyone notices Natsu, Gajeel and Sting experiencing motion sickness as they're Dragon slayers. Mirajane wonders if Laxus also experiences such problems, to which he tells her not to say anything. As Natsu proclaims their entrance in the game is for their comrades, and as he and Gajeel win points for their teams, Mirajane smiles at them.
During the second match of the day's battle portion, when Elfman is called to battle Bacchus, Mirajane is shocked. She feels uneasy upon hearing Bacchus' wager in his and Elfman's bet. But upon her brother's victory, she expresses relief and happiness.
In the next match, Mirajane is selected to fight against Team Blue Pegasus' reserve member, Jenny Realight. The match begins but it quickly turns into a swimsuit contest much to the delight of the males in the stadium.
After modeling for a short while, the two talk and Mirajane suggests that they end their match peacefully. They do several more poses and both gain tying points in their contest. Jenny then makes a bet: the loser will have to appear nude in the next Sorcerer Magazine, which Mirajane accepts. When Jenny enters her battle mode, Mirajane responds by transforming into Satan Soul: Sitri and quickly defeats her, gaining 10 points for her team. She then tells an upset Jenny that she'll be looking forward to seeing her in her birthday suit. After the match, Mirajane says that she felt a bit embarrassed, while her teammates congratulate her, with Natsu (in his corner) saying that she is as strong as she was before.
During the third day's battle portion, Mirajane is extremely surprised to see what seems to be Laxus getting beaten around by "Alexei." She later expresses shock when she sees Laxus disappear and another Laxus popping up out of nowhere, with Raven Tail's members defeated and "Alexei" exposed as Ivan Dreyar. When Laxus is declared the winner, she is visibly pleased.
After Laxus's victory over Raven Tail, Wendy and Sherria's match begins. At some point during the battle, Wendy succeeds in countering Sherria's powerful Heavenly Gathering of Clouds, and Mirajane explains Sherria's Magic effect; she says that Sherria has the ability to heal her own injuries but cannot recover from her fatigue. Carla continues the explanation, saying that Wendy has the ability to recover fatigue and so she boosted Sherria's stamina to change the course of Sherria's attack.
Later that day the other Fairy Tail members are seen partying at a local bar for their successful day. She smiles as she watches Lisanna being forced by Natsu to barrel surf. Later, Mirajane and the other Fairy Tail members head off to Ryuzetsu Land. While there, she is confronted by Blue Pegasus member Jenny who proceeds to rip off the top of Mirajane's bathing suit, as revenge for beating her in their previous battle. Mirajane retaliates by pulling down the bottom of Jenny's bathing suit.
During the fourth day of the Grand Magic Games, Mirajane is seen asking how Juvia got pushed out of the water sphere when she got distracted. Later, Mirajane and Juvia come to the infirmary to check on Lucy. She guesses that Lucy has fallen asleep while hugging her keys. When Makarov arrives and says that they have to combine Team A and B, Mirajane asks why, to which he replies that since Team Raven Tail was disqualified, the guilds are uneven. When the new Fairy Tail team comes out, Mirajane says that this is the real meaning of the strongest team.
As Natsu and Gajeel from the newly formed Team Fairy Tail enter the arena to battle Sabertooth's Sting and Rogue, Mirajane, alongside her guild mates, watches the match with confidence. The fierce battle between the Dragon Slayers takes place with both sides intensely fighting for the win. When Sting uses his Holy Nova, Mirajane is shocked by the impact the explosion causes.
As the battle continues, Mirajane is shocked to hear Sting say to Rogue that he alone is enough to beat both Natsu and Gajeel. Later, she anxiously watches with the rest of the guild to see the outcome of Natsu's battle. Mirajane is filled with joy when Natsu defeats Sabertooth's Sting and Rogue, placing team Fairy Tail in the lead with 45 points.
After hearing about Lucy's arrest by the Fiore Army, Mirajane listens as the Mages discuss the situation. While wondering about Lucy's arrest, Erza questions why the kingdom only arrested her and not the others, to which Mirajane replies that it'd be suspicious if they, as participants in the games, were arrested and didn't appear. As Makarov gives his take on the situation, Mirajane listens in. The next day, while Team Fairy Tail heads out for the final day of the games, Mirajane goes with Natsu, Wendy, Happy, Carla and Panther Lily on a mission to rescue Lucy.
On the way to Mercurius, Mirajane notes that the last fight of the games is about to start. While wondering about how to get into the castle unnoticed, the group puts on costumes as envisioned by Happy to disguise themselves. Mirajane considers the idea and puts on a hockey mask, but this is ultimately discarded. Some time later, Mirajane disguises herself as a palace guard and "captures" Wendy and Natsu, effectively sneaking all of them into the palace under the guise of putting them in the dungeon. Eventually, Mirajane and the others locate Lucy and Yukino in one of the cells. Upon finding them Natsu breaks down the door to free them both. Outside the cell, the floor collapses beneath Mirajane and the others, sending them down into an underground cavern known as "Abyss Palace." They begin looking around the place, searching for a way out.
As the Exceed try finding a way out, Mirajane comments on how the kingdom captured them as they came to rescue their captured friend. As the others discuss the events, Mirajane points out to Lucy how Yukino resembles Lisanna, while telling Yukino that Lisanna is her sister. As a passage is found, Mirajane squeezes through and comes across a wounded Arcadios, who tells her and the rest to escape as they are attacked by a large shadowy figure. As more figures appear, Arcadios identifies them as the Garou Knights, executors working with the kingdom. Mirajane and her friends prepare to fight.
Despite Natsu's laughter and lack of worry, Mirajane hears Arcadios warn the team that the Magic the knights use is created for killing people. As the team prepares to battle the knights, Mirajane notes it to be an opportunity to have them reveal the exit when they win. Once the battle begins, Mirajane activates her Satan Soul: Sitri and saves Wendy, who is targeted and nearly swallowed up by Cosmos' plant technique. Soon after, Cosmos and Kamika activate their combination attack, which nearly sucks the Mages inside. Working together, Mirajane, Panther Lily and Natsu use their Magic to destroy the technique, creating a large explosion as a result. In the aftermath, Mirajane finds herself separated from everybody else. Calling out worriedly for Lucy and Yukino, Mirajane is told by Kamika, who ended up in the same area as her, that she shouldn't look away from her.
As they begin fighting, Mirajane is attacked by Kamika's Paper Blizzard: Green Dance. Though she tries holding her breath as it surrounds her, Kamika reveals that the green paper is the God of poison, causing Mirajane to fully realize that the knights truly are trying to kill them. As she continues to struggle, Kamika suggests that Mirajane simply end it by dying. Mirajane replies by stating Magic shouldn't be used to kill people, though it is needed to protect others. She then explains that when people are looking, she holds back, but that when she's alone, she can release her full power. To Kamika's surprise, Mirajane then inhales the poison, which she calls a treat for a Demon such as herself. Going forward, Mirajane attacks Kamika, sending her crashing through the walls of the underground and eventually to the same place where the other defeated knights lay. With this, Mirajane also reunites with the rest of the rescue team.
With the knights beaten, the team tries finding a way out of Abyss Palace. As they walk, Mirajane asks Loke how he came, to which he states he jumped. Soon after, Mirajane looks on as the group comes across a door which opens as they walk towards it. Suspecting it to be a trap, Mirajane and the rest stay back as a hooded figure appears. Natsu asks the figure who they are, at which point the figure begins crying and apologizing, asking for strength. Curious, Mirajane stays back before the figure reveals herself The figure is shown to be Lucy from the future, greatly surprising Mirajane. As she begins to talk about something that will happen to the country, she suddenly collapses. Mirajane talks to the Lucy of the present, who expresses feelings of being creeped out by another of her. Later, while trying to find a way out of the castle, Mirajane and the others end up getting lost. She cheerfully comments on how bothersome it is, before reminding her Guildmates that they need to maintain a good outlook with their King, since they're still in the Games. Soon after, the future Lucy awakens after having collapsed earlier and she begins to explain her situation with everyone.
Mirajane becomes worried as the Lucy from the future reveals that a herd of ten thousand Dragons will attack the country. She listens as the present Lucy doubts that the others will believe this, and Natsu assures her that they won’t. When the future Lucy expresses hesitation at Carla’s question about the future, Mirajane is stunned to think that they will die. When asked about the Eclipse, she reveals that she arrived on the fourth of July, and Mirajane states that she thought the Eclipse could take a person further back in time. The future Lucy tells them to meet Jellal by using an underground passage, as he should be thinking of a strategy. As she apologizes for not having one, Mirajane looks on as Natsu comes close to future Lucy's face and thanks for the information. While going through the underground, the group is confronted by the army. Rather than fight, Mirajane leaves to look for Arcadios and Yukino when she notices the latter is missing, telling everyone to be careful as she runs off.
Desperate, Mirajane begins to look for Yukino all over the spacious castle. She eventually finds the former Sabertooth Mage leaning up against a wall, demanding at first to know what she was doing there, before beckoning for Yukino to come with her. As Yukino tearfully replies that she can't, as no matter who she travels with, misfortune is always one step behind her, Mirajane kindly replies that none of her friends at Fairy Tail ever blame others for their troubles, and embraces the former Sabertooth Mage. She tells her that it is okay, as everyone exists for a reason, and that no matter how small Yukino's might be, she still has one.
Later, as Lucy attempts to close the Eclipse Gate in order to get rid of the Dragons, Mirajane and Yukino arrive, with the latter combining her keys with Lucy and summoning all 12 Zodiac Spirits to close the door. Mirajane then notices Future Rogue, who arrives to the place noting that there are 7 Dragons present. When he announces the beginning of the Dragon age, Mirajane questions his motives, but receives no real reply.
Mirajane and those near the castle are confronted by Zirconis, a Dragon whose soul was met by several Fairy Tail Mages previously. Wendy attempts to talk to him but the beast uses a breath attack which Mirajane protects her from by getting her down to the ground. Mirajane and the rest are shocked to see that the attack did not hurt anyone, rather, it vaporized the clothes of the soldiers and several others, with Mirajane referring to it as the first time she's seen something so pitiful.
With Lucy's clothes being vaporized as well, Zirconis laughs at Wendy's resolve to defeat him. As he kidnaps Lucy, Mirajane readies to attack, supported by Wendy's Arms X Vernier, however, they are thrown away by Zirconis' shock wave. She then transforms into her Satan Soul: Sitri form and attacks Zirconis. Her attack is proven to be ineffective, however, it works as a diversion as Wendy is able to land a hit with her Sky Dragon's Roar. Annoyed, Zirconis then throws Lucy into the air, and while Happy flies after her, Mirajane and Wendy claim that they will deal with Zirconis, and the two Mages stay and face him in an aerial battle.
Later, after Ultear uses Last Ages to rewind the time, Mirajane is seen fighting Motherglare's Hatchlings, when she suddenly states that she has just seen a glimpse of the future, with Evergreen claiming that she has also had such sensation. After the gate's destruction, Mirajane remains bewildered by her vicinity alongside the Thunder God Tribe, looking on as the Hatchlings and the Dragons disappear from their timeline.
Several days after the battle with the Dragons, Mirajane, in a dressing room with Lucy, Wendy, Lisanna and Yukino, consoles an embarrassed Yukino about her appearance, stating that she looks gorgeous in her dress. Shortly thereafter, Mirajane and the others leave the dressing room and arrive at the Royal Palace where they are greeted by Elfman; Mirajane and her two siblings then converse at a nearby table. Mirajane then later accompanies Yukino as she approaches Sting and Rogue and looks at her with concern when she tries to leave after they notice her presence. Curious, Mirajane listens as Sting apologizes to Yukino for the way he and Sabertooth treated her; her curiosity turns to shock when Sting asks for Yukino to rejoin their guild, and even more so when an extremely drunk Kagura comes over to the group, demanding for Yukino to join Mermaid Heel instead.
All the teams from the Grand Magic Games soon speak up about Yukino joining their respective guilds and get into a fight, causing the young girl to break down in tears. Seeing this, Mirajane consoles the Celestial Spirit Mage, asking her not to cry; Yukino turns her head and smiles at Mirajane in spite of the tears streaming down her face, proclaiming herself to be happy, prompting Mirajane to smile back at Yukino, stating that she's glad that Yukino was finally able to smile and that she now has many different places to call home. Afterwards, everyone returns to their guilds. When Fairy Tail arrives to Magnolia, they are greeted by a mass of people happy with their victory in the Games. As Mirajane walks through the crowd waving and smiling at the people, they call her name.
Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc
Note: Events in this arc occur only in the anime and do not constitute canon material.
Sun Village arc
Following their return, Mirajane sings as she takes a bath with the Fairy Tail girls. She comments on the recent increase of job requests Fairy Tail has received since their victory over at the Grand Magic Games, revealing that she is completely busy and does not know where to start. She then reassures Lisanna when she finds it odd that Natsu and Gray went out on a mission together, claiming that they started to treat themselves better recently. She keeps on bathing as Flare enters their bath-house and reveals to the crowd of girls that Raven Tail is no more.
After Team Natsu, along with Wendy and Carla, returns to Fairy Tail, Mirajane is asked by Macao and the others to bring out the alcohol. She, in conjunction with several Fairy Tail Mages, stares in amazement at the gates when a frantically screaming Jet walks in claiming to bring with him terrible news. Mirajane, with the rest of the guild, later watches as Porlyusica walks out of the infirmary and informs them that the defeated Laxus, Yajima and Thunder God Tribe are in critical condition and may not make a full recovery. She then holds Lisanna close to her as Makarov lies to Freed about the casualties involving the village they fought Tempester in.
Soon after the locations of several former council member are made known, the Fairy Tail Mages head out to become their protection. As preparations are made, Mirajane looks over Laxus as he rests in bed. Having heard what he did from Freed, she tells Laxus that he cares a great deal for his friends and they will remember his courage. After discovering the former chairman's address, Mirajane and Erza quickly head to his location on top of a reindeer. They shortly stop on their way to take a break, with Mirajane mentioning that Jellal is surely a target as well. Erza, however, states that Jellal can defend himself on his own.
The two eventually reach the home of Crawford Seam, the former chairman of Magic Council. Mirajane enjoys herself with a cup of tea before the ex-chairman questions their purpose for coming. Mirajane apologizes for the guild looking for him and his address and Crawford proceeds to recall the past when he used to deal with Fairy Tail. Mirajane interrupts this and Crawford eventually reveals that nor himself neither the three ex-councilors that are supposed to protect the Face know of its location. Suddenly, Mirajane and Erza notice someone's presence and knowing it's the attackers, they tell Crawford to return to his room while they face the intruders, with Mirajane using Satan Soul to battle them. The two, fighting as a team for the first time, eventually defeat the enemies, although they find it odd that no strong opponent was sent to kill the former chairman. At that moment, Mirajane and Erza fall down unconscious and Crawford proceeds to take them, while announcing to Kyôka that two subjects have been captured. Mirajane and Erza are then taken to the Tartaros HQ and while the latter is tortured for information, Mirajane is forced to undergo Kyôka's transformation process in order to become the Demon's slave, much to Erza's horror.
Mirajane, unconscious, later appears in one of Kyôka's facilities. Lamy, a Demon from Kyôka's squad, states that even though she doesn't care about girls, she might modify Mirajane's body and proceeds to threaten her, claiming that her pretty face will be no more after she's done with her. As she is about to do so, Mirajane regains consciousness and breaks from the facility, much to Lamy's shock and horror. Mirajane reveals that she already possesses Demon Particles and Lamy trying to insert them into her body just caused her to wake up.
As she wanders around, Mirajane is found by Lisanna, who quickly rushes to her side and hugs her. Questioning what Lisanna is doing in Tartaros, Mirajane is shocked to hear that both she and Elfman were captured. Before the duo can act, both women are approached by Seilah, who states that Elfman was possessed and made to blow up the Fairy Tail Guild; however, before they can stress, the Demon continues that she miscalculated, as Elfman failed to kill anyone at all. With Mirajane and Lisanna relaxing to hear that their friends are safe, Seilah suddenly becomes glaringly angry, stating that she will take Mirajane's life as compensation for her embarrassment. Realizing Seilah is the one who harmed her siblings, Mirajane glares straight back demonically. Mirajane and Seilah then engage each-other in combat, and Mirajane is impressed by Seilah's strength. Mirajane is continuously struck down by Seilah's books, leading her to ponder if this is the power of a true Demon.
With neither Mirajane nor Seilah managing to get the upper-hand in their battle, Seilah pauses to question Mirajane's abilities, commenting that her Macro seems to not be working on the Fairy Tail Mage. Not understanding, Mirajane is hastily informed by Lisanna about Seilah's Curse, and how the Demon has the ability to manipulate the bodies of those she chooses, Seilah herself adding that she doesn't even need to be present to control those she has taken over. Before they can continue, both women are interrupted by Ezel, who appears in one of the tanks surrounding them. Cursing someone profusely, the Demon demands that Seilah revive him at once, though Seilah refuses, asking him to wait until she is finished in her battle. Questioning what Ezel is doing at their location, Mirajane listens as Lamy explains that they are currently standing in Hell's Core, a laboratory where the members of Tartaros can be revived if they are ever injured and lose their bodies. Mirajane then decides that her top priority should be destroying the lab, surprising Seilah, who questions her abilities. However, at that very moment all of the test tubes in the lab explode, Mirajane revealing that due to her Take-Over Magic's properties, she was able to take control of the tentacle-like Demon connected to all of the tanks, using it to destroy them all. Now understanding Mirajane's Magic, Seilah reasons that that must be why her Curse doesn't seem to work; Mirajane too comments that she cannot seem to use Take-Over on Seilah's body. Recognising the nature of their battle now, both women relent to having a fist fight instead. Mirajane uses Satan Soul: Sitri, though Seilah shocks her by using her Curse on own body, commanding it to release her strongest form. Taking on a fearsome appearance, Seilah surges forward, catching Mirajane off guard and hurtling her into Lisanna and Lamy before blasting them with a surge of energy. Down and forced out of her Satan Soul form, Mirajane struggles to get up once more.
Unable to compete with Seilah in terms of power, Mirajane once again attempts to use her Take Over Magic to control the Demon. Seilah comments on the futility of her actions, and activates her Macro to tear apart Mirajane's body, the Fairy Tail Mage screaming in pain as the Demon assaults her. Thinking back to the event where she had acquired Take Over, Mirajane reminds herself of the dedication she and her siblings have with one another. Motivated to fight back, she grabs onto Seilah's leg and successfully applies her Take Over ability on the Demon, gaining Seilah's Macro ability and using it to command Elfman to come to the aid of his family. Later, it turns out that Mirajane and her siblings are joined by Jet, Droy and Warren, with the Telepathy Mage informing the rest of the Fairy Tail Mages about this. However, Mard Geer soon puts his Curse into effect and Mirajane, along with the rest of the Mages, ends up being caught by the transformed Cube. Mirajane is later seen to be released from Alegria, the dispelling courtesy of the Celestial Spirit King. However, she, along with a few more Mages, are then attacked by Lamy's clones, which Seilah takes advantage of to flee into the control room. While Elfman, Lisanna, Jet, Droy and Warren deal with the clones, Mirajane pursues the Demon.
Some time later, Mirajane appears in Tartaros' control room. At great speed and in her Satan Soul mode, she grabs Seilah's face and throws her onto a wall, releasing Erza and others from the Demon's Macro. Having used all of her Magic, Mirajane reverts to her human form and, lying on the ground, watches in horror as Kyôka exclaims that Face will soon activate. She begs Erza to destroy the weapon and Titania dons her Armadura Fairy to fulfill this plea. As the battle continues, Happy questions Lisanna's whereabouts and Mirajane explains that they are dealing with an army of Lamy's models. She, as well as everyone else in the ruins of Cube, then notice a sound signifying the arrival of the Dragon King, Acnologia. She watches in disbelief, still completely exhausted, as the Dragon causes mass destruction.
Later, as the battle between Erza and Kyôka progresses, Mirajane is hit by the Demon's Curse, causing her to be blown away. After the battle is over, an exhausted Mirajane witnesses the timer of Face reaching zero with a worried expression. She then watches as all the Face devices across the continent begin to activate, noting that the Magic will now disappear. However, the Dragons appear to destroy all Faces, to which Mirajane reacts with a happy expression. After the war ends, Mirajane locates the dying Seilah's body and completely takes her over, saving her life, but robbing her of her body and granting Mirajane complete access to her appearance and Macro ability.
Eventually, the returning Dragons regroup near the befuddled Mages, Mirajane standing next to the others as the Dragons commend them for their efforts and reveal that their time on Earth Land will soon come to an end. She later watches as the Dragons ascend into the skies and bid farewell, claiming that they will always watch over the humans. One week later, Mirajane stands in front of the ruins of their guild and asks if Makarov is not going to rebuild the guild this time, to which Makarov confirms.
After receiving a letter from Lucy, Mirajane, along with her siblings, shows up in Magnolia Town to meet with her former guildmates. When she sees Lucy, she welcomes her "home," something which brings Lucy to tears.
Alvarez Empire arc
When Levy convinces Wendy and the others that there are no legal loose ends when it comes to the guild's revival, but instead expresses her concerns about the next master, Mirajane optimistically tells her not to worry. When the reconstruction effort turns into an open guild brawl, Mirajane thinks to herself that she is happy no one blames Elfman for destroying the guild, as that is the reason he became strong. However, a bottle comes flying in her direction and hits her on the head, interrupting her train of thought. Later, Mirajane listens as Gajeel tells her, Cana, Juvia, and Panther Lily that they are forming a "B-Team" in order to find Laxus. She joins up with the rest, although she is seen confused about the team's purpose.
Going in search of the other members, the group arrives at their intended location. Mirajane questions if there was a point in splitting the teams, while Gajeel states they wouldn't stand a chance in a fight and that he is not even sure an infiltration mission will succeed. Levy then arrives, stating that they need separate teams to raise their chance of success, before asking how they could leave her behind. Later, they all head to the Pegasus Village hot springs to relax. There they meet up with Ichiya, who tells them that Laxus and the Thunder God Tribe have joined Blue Pegasus, this information greatly shocking Mirajane.
Inside the airship of Christina, Mirajane and the B-team greet the rescue team after they are teleported inside by Mest. Lisanna says to Gray that their group has done work on their own, in order to save their master, while Mirajane remarks that a part of that work was finding Laxus. Along with her fellow Mages, Mirajane then watches as Makarov tears up over seeing his family reunited. Once Makarov is back at the guild and resumes his role as Master, saying that this will kill him, Mirajane reminds him that he also said that in the past. When Erza asks for some star mangoes, Mirajane admits that she's never heard of them. Mirajane then agrees once Natsu says that they must defeat Alvarez if they want to survive and still be together as a guild. As they all prepare for the unavoidable battle, Mira reveals that she has been training and getting stronger this last year, shocking Macao and Wakaba, in the process. Suddenly, they are interrupted by Mavis, who intends to reveal to Mirajane and the other Mages the secrets of Fairy Heart, The One Magic as well as her relationship with Zeref.
After Mavis finishes her story, Mirajane is shocked to learn that Fairy Heart is an infinite supply of Magic Power. The First Master then gets upset over dragging everyone into battle, but everyone agrees that it's not her fault. Afterwards, the topic of Zeref's immortality is brought up, and Natsu mentions that his right arm is something that can do the job, but he refuses to tell what it is. When Makarov goes over all the information he gathered about the Alvarez Empire, Mirajane is shocked to hear that August's knowledge in Magic may be greater than that of Zeref. Standing with her sister, Mirajane is alerted to the arrival of Alvarez as the Empire commences their attack. Later, sensing that Alvarez has broken through Freed's Jutsu Shiki barrier, Mirajane and her siblings run to the source of the infiltration. Very quickly, the three arrive, and Mirajane unveils a new Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah; having revealed to have taken over Seilah after the Tartaros war to save her life. She then uses the power of Macro to put most of the oncoming forces to sleep; those that were able to resist her power she remarks have to be dealt with by force. As Ajeel Ramal utilizes his strongest spell, Sand World, completely surrounding the town of Magnolia with masses of sand, Mirajane covers herself up so as to shield herself from the raging sandstorm.
As the sandstorm dissipates, Mirajane and the others notice five mechanical beings standing before them. Mirajane is punched repeatedly by one, but does not retaliate as it is donning the face of her little brother, Elfman. Her comrades face similar trouble as they one by one realize that their foe is specifically designed to exploit their weaknesses. As Mirajane and the others wonder how this is possible, Wall Eehto explains that exploiting his opponent's weaknesses is the ability of his Magic, Weakness. However, Mirajane and the others determine that to defeat the robots all they have to do is switch opponents, so Mirajane takes on Lisanna's "brute strength" robot and easily defeats it. Afterwards, she asks after Erza's condition, and is told that the knight requires rest. Suddenly, the group is surprised by a huge explosion in Kardia Cathedral and they begin to wonder about the safety of Freed's team.
In the brief respite after the victory in their first battle, Mirajane and the other Fairy Tail members lay their plans for the upcoming skirmishes. Mirajane is part of the group meant to support Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus, who are moving to intercept the army to the north. When the Guild obtains news of Natsu's lone charge at Zeref, Mirajane asks Mavis for orders, calmly listening as the First Master refuses to change their original stratagem. Mirajane then heads out to reinforce their allies on the northern front, stopping only to sleep for the night. She prepares to fight alongside her guildmates the next day, but is devastated by the sight that awaits them as Alvarez have vanquished Blue Pegasus and Sabertooth, carrying the unconscious Mages on huge, vertical wooden crosses as trophies. Numb with shock, she weakly utters Yukino's name. Immediately regaining her faculties, Mirajane rescues and tends to Yukino. Although surprised by the abrupt change of the frozen battlefield to one resembling a field of blooms, she stands firm against the enemy's assault and soon engages the Empire's soldiers in melee combat alongside her siblings. However, she ceases fighting as a strange luminescence on the horizon catches her eye, startled to later discover herself transported to an unknown beach alongside her guildmates who were supposedly back in Magnolia. She tries to explain the occurrence when Alzack announces the approach of enemy troops; when they come, she subsequently helps ward them off.
When the Fairy Tail forces begin to head north after receiving Zera's telepathic message, Mirajane wonders about Elfman's whereabouts, but is reassured by Lisanna that their brother would also be heading for the Guild. Suddenly, they are attacked by Heine and Juliet of the Irene Squad, the elder Strauss opting to defeat the girls while her guildmates continue north. Although she realizes that she has underestimated her opponents, the demonic Take Over Mage reveals that she has harvested the souls of Tartaros' members and pulverizes her enemies using Satan Soul: Mirajane Alegria. Drained of her Magic power, the realization that the girls were nothing more than swords enchanted to have a personality causes her to ponder the existence of a Mage capable of such a feat, even as the swords' owner, Irene, descends behind her and captures her. She proceeds to torture Mirajane in order to exact vengeance for her creations, but is forced to desist when August, accompanied by Brandish, arrives and demands that Irene return to Zeref's side, the Magic King mortally wounding a terrified Mirajane when his ally protests that she has yet to kill her prey. However, as the Shields of Spriggan leave, Brandish shrinks the wound and the Fairy Tail Mage is later found and supported by Lisanna, whom she informs about the convening of the Spriggan 12.
The two reunite with their allies in time to aid them in launching an assault upon the Empire's entire army, Mirajane engaging Jacob despite their mutual discomfort regarding her tattered and revealing attire. Mirajane eventually puts her discomfort aside and confidently stares her foe down. In spite of this, she is still pushed back, even with Jacob having closed his eyes. Their fight, however, is interrupted by the voice of Irene Belserion booming throughout the battlefield in search of Mavis; simply hearing her voice causes Mirajane to shiver with fear.The fight is interrupted yet again with Makarov's casting of Fairy Law, which causes Mirajane to curiously look at the sky.
Magic and Abilities
Take Over (接収 Teiku Ōbā): Mirajane is a skilled user of Take Over, a type of Magic which, as the name suggests, allows her to take over the powers and appearances of particular creatures she really "knows". She shares such Magic with her siblings Elfman and Lisanna, something which made them known as the "Take Over Siblings". The particular form she employs shares the name of her signature spell Satan Soul (サタンソウル Satan Sōru). Due to the nature of Mirajane's Take Over, she has the ability to control Demons and manipulate them to do her bidding. Whilst having control over the tentacle Demons, Mirajane was able to cause them to simultaneously explode. Mirajane's Satan Soul is also capable of taking over Demons and Etherious on the brink of death, while saving them in the process; although they lose control of their bodies in return.
- Satan Soul (サタンソウル Satan Sōru): Satan Soul is a very powerful spell, as well as the source of her epithet "The Demon" (魔人 Majin). Satan Soul allows her to take over the appearance, abilities and powers of a demonic being. When she activated it for the first time after two years of abstinence, she released a large magical blast which destroyed the surrounding area. Satan Soul is initiated by seemingly covering Mirajane’s body in flat, square-shaped scales-like parts, which subsequently disappear, revealing her new appearance. In such state, her eyes, eyelashes, ears, and hair all change drastically, and dark, thin markings appear all over her body. Her forearms and hands become covered in scales, and each sprouts a fin-like protrusion on its outer side. She also grows a large, stocky tail, seemingly made of metal plates or scales. Her clothing also changes, with any attire she might be wearing being replaced by a dark, skimpy one-piece suit revealing her arms and legs, which is open on the front and the back, exposing most of her belly, wide cleavage and upper back too. She also dons a pair of gauntlets covering the back parts of her transformed arms. Using this spell is extremely exhausting for Mirajane, so much that she cannot execute it in consecutive reprises. However, after her 3-month training in X791, she was shown to be able employ her Satan Soul: Sitri (which Erza commented on being one of her strongest) twice and her Satan Soul twice within the span of a few hours or even less, without any signs of fatigue. In order to utilize her Satan Soul form, Mirajane's body possesses the same Demon Particles found in the bodies of Tartaros' artificial Demons, resulting in an immunity to any physical alterations and a unique means of recovery.
- Immense Strength: When employing her demonic powers, Mirajane's strength is increased to the point where she can easily break through solid rock with her punches. When her fist clashed with Freed’s own demonic form, a powerful shock-wave was generated, which destroyed the ground below them. She was also able to block a punch from Elfman while he was in Full-Body Take Over with one hand and break through Kamika's God of Protection Shield with a single punch.
- Flight: In this form, Mirajane is capable of sprouting a pair of wings from her back at whim, which allow her to fly. Such wings are reminiscent of a bat’s, and come with small spike-like protrusions on their upper edges.
- Enhanced Durability: This form increases Mirajane's natural durability, allowing her to take multiple powerful explosions in consecutive reprises, emerging almost unscathed and remaining active to continue the battle.
- Enhanced Speed: While in this form, Mirajane's speed increases to the point where, after sprouting her wings, she could easily deliver a powerful punch to Freed, even with the help of his own wings, and a large distance between them, before he could react. During her fight with Azuma, she could similarly deliver a powerful kick into his stomach before he had the chance to react. Additionally, she was able to escape the root and explosion of his Chain Burst without taking any damage.
- Poison Resistance: Mirajane's resistance against poison increases while in this form, where she could even inhale poison gas while calling it a "treat".
- Darkness Magic (闇の魔法 Yami no Mahō): Mirajane has proven herself to be a skilled user of Darkness Magic. Using the Magic as her game-changer in most of her fights. She was able to match and defeat Freed Justine's own Dark Écriture: Darkness. Mirajane has shown to be able to use this Magic to enhance her physical combat capabilities, create powerful blasts, explosions, shields and even shape it into claw like tendrils capable of chasing after opponents.
- Darkness Stream: Mirajane extends her hand towards the opponent and summons forth her Magic Seal underneath her opponent, where a multitude of large tendrils composed of dark energy is formed, which surround and envelope the opponent. It was used against Freed, who evaded it, thus leaving its full effects unknown.
- Soul Extinctor: Mirajane initiates this attack by gathering energy from the surrounding area between her hands, which subsequently takes the form of a large, black globe. The globe then fires a large black-purple beam that generates a devastating explosion. This spell was strong enough to defeat Freed, who no longer had his Dark Écriture: Darkness and Dark Écriture: Wings spells active after its blast. This spell is unnamed in the manga, but it was given a name in the anime. There also seems to be a variety to it, in which the sphere, seemingly created faster, is focused around Mirajane's hands and forearms and shot in a less powerful, yet still destructive blast.
- Evil Explosion (エビル エクスプロージョン Ebiru Ekusupurōjon): Mirajane holds her hands together and a dark colored sphere gathers on her palm. When fired, it is fired from Mirajane's hand. The receding explosion is devastating. This spell was powerful enough to almost completely destroy Azuma's Tree Shield. However, he himself received little to no damage. In the manga, the spell is unnamed, but it received a name in the anime.
- Demon Blast: A large ball of dark energy is charged between Mirajane's hands, from which a dark purple beam is fired towards the target.(Unnamed)
- Satanic Blast: The user raises her hand above her head and starts charging Darkness Magic in the form of a sphere that grows larger as it charges. The user then aims her hand at the target, sending a large blast at the target that then becomes a huge pillar of Darkness Magic covering the entire area. (Unnamed)
- Dark Deflect: Focusing the incoming attack on her eye, Mirajane redirects the incoming spell, missing the intended target. (Unnamed)
- Water Magic (水系各種魔法 Mizu Kei Kakushu Mahō): Through the use of the immense Magic Power, Mirajane was shown capable of freely manipulating the surrounding water.
- Evil Explosion (エビル エクスプロージョン Ebiru Ekusupurōjon): Using her Magic Power as a medium, Mirajane lifts a body of water, even one as big as a river, with her arms, and then starts rotating, sending the water flying towards her foe in a powerful whirlpool. This spell, which remains unnamed in the manga, was given a name in the anime.
- Lightning Magic (雷系各種魔法 Kaminari Kei Kakushu Mahō): Mirajane has the ability to utilize lightning-based attacks while in Satan Soul.
- Satan Soul: Halphas (ハルファス Harufasu): A Satan Soul form that allows the user to take over the appearance, abilities and powers of the Demon Halphas. This spell is so powerful that Mirajane was able to destroy an entire city effortlessly, and as such, Makarov Dreyar has forbidden her from using the spell. While using this spell, Mirajane grows horns made of long sky blue scales, extending backwards to a pointed edge, the horn's scales also extend to form a pattern on her face. Her ears, hidden behind her horns, become pointed upwards reminiscent of that of fictional elves. She gains similar scale-like covering on her forearms and hands as well as on her legs and she grows a large, sky blue, stocky and seemingly aquatic tail. Her clothes also change, with any attire she might be donning replaced by a light and dark blue, striped, one-piece suit with pointed shoulder-pads, revealing her arms and legs, which is open on the front and the back; exposing most of her stomach, wide cleavage, and upper back. This Satan Soul form also permanently dons two sky-blue wings composed of numerous spiky scales that are always pointing upwards.
- Darkness Magic (闇の魔法 Yami no Mahō): Mirajane has shown to be able to use this Magic to enhance her physical combat capabilities, create powerful blasts and shield.
- Cosmic Beam: Mirajane charges cosmic-like energy that is fired towards the target and creates a massive explosion. She is also able to cause pink-colored Magic projectiles to rain down at the target, powerful enough to damage and destroy the surrounding area. (Unnamed)
- Flight: In this form the user is capable of flight.
- Immense Speed: While in this form, the user's speed increases dramatically, to the point where it can even surpass the speed of Satan Soul and an enhanced Racer.
- Enhanced Durability: While employing this form, Mirajane's durability has increased tremendously, to the point that she can withstand multiple physical attacks from Racer and then continue fighting.
- Immense Strength: When employing this form, the user's strength is increased to the point where they can easily break through large amounts of solid rock with ease. While using this form, Mirajane Strauss was able to block a punch from her own Satan Soul form, that was being used by Mary Hughes, with one hand.
- Satan Soul: Sitri (シュトリ Shutori): This was (prior to Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah), according to Erza Scarlet, Mirajane's most powerful spell, that allows her to take over the appearance, abilities and powers of a demonic being. When she activates this technique, her clothes are replaced by a geometric printed body suit with a blue and white dress coat adorned by an over-sized black collar supported by two belts which corsets her waist and a black cape. She grows horns on the side of her head and she also grows a lot more hair. She also grows a pair of claws and royal blue markings appear on her legs. She is surrounded by flames which her feet seem to be merged to.
- Fire Magic (火の魔法 Hi no Mahō): While in such form, the flames spreading from the user's feet can seemingly be employed to attack foes, making melee attacks performed by the user more dangerous due to a trail of fire remaining where he/she strikes, which can inflict further damage upon targets.
- Immense Speed: While in such form, Mirajane was able to quickly attack and defeat Jenny without the latter being able to counter nor dodge it.
- Immense Strength: While employing this form, Mirajane's strength increases to such a point that she can easily destroy Cosmos' Flytrap with one arm.
- Flight: While using Sitri, Mirajane has the ability to fly, most likely by using the flames on her feet as jets of some sort.
- Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah (ミラジェーン・セイラ Mirajēn Seira): A Satan Soul form that allows Mirajane to take over the appearance, abilities and powers of the Etherious Seilah. Mirajane used Take Over on Seilah's body to prevent her from dying. In this form, Mirajane gains an appearance almost exactly like Seilah's, receiving two large gold-looking horns protruding from the sides of her head and pointing upwards. Her hair becomes long and black, with a distinctive short, upward ponytail. She wear a white band on their head which separates her hair, framing her bangs from her hair below the band. On the forehead is a small circular symbol with a small dot on the inside and surrounded by several dots around the top, and they wear a tied, small white-colored strap around their neck. Her attire is a very revealing beige-colored leopard-printed kimono that bears the decorative marks on her shoulders. The kimono is wrapped around their torso with a thick, decorative yellow ribbon that ties behind her back, and she also wear thigh-high socks that reveal her heels and toes.
- Macro (命令, マクロ Makuro): While employing this form Mirajane can use Seilah's signature Curse, Macro. This allows her to fully control the body of victims and manipulate them through "orders", as shown when Mirajane ordered a group of soldiers to fall asleep. There seems to be a limit to the Curse, as some weren't affected by the order.
- Satan Soul: Mirajane Alegria (ミラジェーン・アレグリア Mirajēn Areguria): A Satan Soul form that is the result of Mirajane consuming all the souls remaining in the aftermath of Fairy Tail's victory over Tartaros. When she activates this technique, her clothes are replaced with a dark form-fitting body suit with light colored knee guards, and light segmented boots. Her forearms gain segmented-like protrusions and her fingers become scaled in an armored type manner. Mirajane's ears become pointed, much like an elf's, and instead of having her trademark front ponytail, she wears a thorn-like headband that bares the symbol of Tartaros in the center. Six armored segmented tendrils, almost identical to those of the Plutogrim, sprout from her back. Whilst using this form, Mirajane radiates so much Magic Power that the sea water nearby began to evaporate just by her mere presence. Furthermore, Juliet Sun and Heine Lunasea were completely overwhelmed with fear from Mirajane's amount of Magic being emitted. However, maintaining Mirajane Alegria takes up a significant amount of Magic to which it heavily exhaust her.
- Immense Speed: Using this form, Mirajane possesses such a high rate of speed that neither Juliet Sun nor Heine Lunasea were able to evade her onslaught.
- Immense Strength: When using this form of Satan Soul, Mirajane's strength skyrockets to the point that she was able of defeating the two members of the Irene Squad in a single strike so comprehensively that the Personality Enchantment that made the pair human was lifted.
Transformation Magic (変身魔法 Henshin Mahō): Mirajane is very skilled in the use of Transformation Magic, which is considered one of her specialties. She has been shown capable of transforming separate parts of her body instead of it all, and she is able to perform Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Level transformations with ease. When taking on the appearance of animals, she retains some features of her human form, such as her signature front ponytail and her womanly eyelashes.
- Dream Knock: Mirajane creates bubble-like bullets and sends them rushing towards her opponent(s). Upon contact, her opponent is put to sleep.
Keen Intellect: Mirajane has displayed a clever intellect, and, most importantly, a deep knowledge of Magic and its related world. She was able to understand how the Super Mage Giant Phantom MK II's spell, Abyss Break, worked after observing it for just a short moment.
Enhanced Endurance: Despite being out of battle for over two years, Mirajane has been shown to be very resilient. After employing her exhausting Satan Soul to battle Elfman and Evergreen during the first phase of the S-Class Trial, Mirajane was able to use it again and keep it active during her fight with Azuma. After her 3-month training, she was shown to employ her Satan Soul: Sitri (which Erza commented on being her strongest form) twice and her Satan Soul once within the span of a few hours or even less, without any sign of fatigue at all.
Enhanced Reflexes: Mirajane possesses remarkable reflexes, agility and reaction in the face of danger. She was able to escape Azuma's Chain Burst while bound before the spell could damage her. She was also shown to be able to deflect extremely fast projectiles with Dark Deflect, and block speed-based attacks from Azuma and Satan Soul. She was also shown to be able to "body check" Racer off of Christina before the latter could dodge her and assault the ship further.
Enhanced Durability: Mirajane has shown herself to be a durable combatant. She was able to be hit by Azuma's explosions and still remain active to continue the battle. Despite being battle worn from facing Elfman and Evergreen and then going on to face Azuma, Mirajane was able to survive after taking the brunt of Azuma's 180-Second Time Bomb for her sister, Lisanna, although she was knocked unconscious. During her fight with Kamika, Mirajane was able to withstand consecutive spells of Paper Magic, receiving absolutely no injury from fire, ice, lightning, and even poison; commenting that Kamika's lightning paper was nothing compared to Laxus Dreyar's attacks. Furthermore, Mirajane is able to withstand a barrage of physical attacks from one of Tartaros' strongest members, Seilah , and was still able to muster the energy required to apply Take Over to the demon.
Enhanced Strength: In her younger years, Mirajane was shown capable of easily breaking a large table in two with a simple downward movement of her hand placed vertically, even without the aid of Satan Soul.
Enhanced Speed: Without the aid of Satan Soul Mirajane was able to appear behind and surprise a monologuing Azuma with a charged punch which released a little bit of Magic Power.
Immense Magic Power: As an S-Class Mage of the Fairy Tail Guild, Mirajane possesses an enormous amount of Magic Power. When she first activated Satan Soul after two years of dormancy, her Magic Power completely destroyed the ground around her in a wide area. It is also great enough for Mirajane to lift and manipulate an entire river, something which Freed, an S-Class candidate, found incredulous. When exerted it is purple in color. Azuma also commented that he felt a great amount of Magic Power from her.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Mirajane has proven herself proficient in close combat with the aid of Satan Soul, employing such style as her main form of offense. She was shown capable of clashing with Azuma with extremely fast and accurate strikes, matching him evenly despite the latter’s use of his explosions alongside hand-to-hand combat.
Appearances in Other Media
Special Mission: Beware of Guys Who Show a Keen Interest!
As Mirajane is cleaning dishes by the bar, she sees a bored Lucy. She suggests to Lucy go on an assignment, to which Lucy responds that she is already on a team with Natsu. Mirajane then tells Lucy that her and Natsu seem to get along really well, almost as if they were a couple. Mirajane further teases Lucy by telling her that Natsu probably has feelings for her. Lucy tells Mirajane that even if Natsu was indeed interested in her, she still wouldn't accept.
Fairy Academy: Yankee-kun and Yankee-chan
During class, after Happy fails to stand atop the platform to start his lesson, Mirajane assists him and kindly notes that if he ever needs help, he should just say so. After Happy contemplates over the convenience of growing wings, Mirajane mentions that he could climb up the platform if he did indeed have wings.
Mira-Sensei's Transforming Magic Class
At the guild, Lucy decides that she wants to learn new Magic in order to better herself on missions and asks Mirajane for help. Mirajane then asks Lucy if she wants to learn Transformation Magic, Lucy says yes, and Natsu and Happy chime in. Mirajane explains that even though Transformation Magic is a deep and a complex art, they can learn to use it on a basic level. Mirajane begins to demonstrate the basic level of Transformation Magic by transforming into Erza in which her clothes don't change. She then transforms her clothes to Erza's armor, saying clothes transformation is the intermediate level. Natsu, Lucy and Happy are amazed by this and Happy says that Mirajane looks like the real thing. Mirajane then smiles and scares Natsu by doing an Erza expression, glaring at him and saying not to pick fights with Gray. While Natsu hides behind lucy scared, Lucy happily says that even the voice is perfect, to which Mirajane explains that getting into character of the transformation is a very important aspect. Mirajane then goes on to explain that once you proceed up to an advance level, you transform accordingly to change size, gain new abilities, and even give a fighting advantage in battle. She also transforms into a fox, bird and a fish.
Mirajane says that the advanced level will be difficult for the three of them and they should start with the basics for now. She then tells Natsu and Lucy to transform into each other after they get a good look of each other and to built up a proper image. Mirajane also explains to them that transformation are easier, and turn out better if you transform to the person you know the best. She tells them to get ready, saying that they should picture themselves as the other person and concentrate, build up Magic Power and release it into the pictured image. When Lucy gets disappointed of not transforming, Mirajane tell her that it might be difficult for a Holder-type Mage. As Natsu successfully transforms into Lucy, while wearing his clothes. Mirajanes praises her student's success. Lucy then laments to Mirajane as Natsu touches "his" chest, saying that its embarrassing and is like sexual harassment. Mirajane wonders if it really is that bad and awkward since they been such good friends, Lucy responds by saying that it is. After Happy's "successful" transformation of Lucy. Mirajane transforms wearing a bikini and tells the men in a filthy pose and tone that they should make do with her for now, making the men happier.
Natsu and the Dragon Egg
At the guild's archive, Mirajane is organizing things with Lucy. Lucy falls down the ladder, causing multiple stuff to fall. As Lucy gets up, she discovers a photo that features younger versions of most of the members in Fairy Tail, including Natsu riding a blue dragon. Mirajane takes a look at the photo and begins to tell the story to Lucy about the picture, which was taken place six years ago prior to Lucy joining the guild.
In the story,during the year X778, as a young Erza enters the room. Seeing this, a young Mirajane, dressed in Goth-like clothes, challenges her to a fight and is seen fighting with her. A few days later in the story, at the guild,Macao and Wakaba are talking about Natsu and Lisanna hatching the egg down by a little base by the park. Hearing their conversation Mirajane, with fierce anger, destroys the table between the two and says that she is furious about Lisanna not coming home and being with Natsu, who she deems as a member of "Erza's Group".
As Natsu and Lisanna are looking for their egg. Lisanna asks Mirajane is she has seen the egg, the latter responds that she hasn't but asks Natsu if he didn't eat it and forgot about it, thus, causing a fight between the two.
The Day of the Fateful Encounter
Lucy tells Natsu and Happy that she had an appointment with a guy tonight who asks her out to dinner, leaving the two disappointed. Mirajane tells Lucy that the two were going to surprise her because today was her birthday.
Welcome to Fairy Hills!!
At the Request board, Lucy finds a request about a female applicant finding a certain object for the client but there is no reward given. Mirajane notices that it is not recorded on the Acceptance of orders book either and asks Lucy to investigate.
Along with the rest of the Fairy Tail Guild, Mirajane participates in the Hanami festival, a traditional custom of enjoying the beauty of cherry blossoms.
Whose Clothes Are These?
Fairies' Penalty Game
As Makarov declares Team Fairy Tail B as the victors and soon lets them have a go at picking who they want. Mirajane rapidly takes Erza. Erza, wearing a maid outfit, states that if all she has to do is to wear said outfit it will be a piece of cake. However, Mirajane warns Erza not to underestimate her and tells her to put on a little bit more shame, through Erza said its impossible. Mirajane quickly enough thinks of way to make the situation embarrassing for Erza, coming up with the idea of tying her hands and feet calling it "maid being punished by the master" situation. A second later Mirajane orders her to say "Please forgive me, Master", which Erza refuses to do so. Mirajane then transform into her Satan Soul, the Demon spanks Erza as she called her a peasant maid.
As Lucy thinks that her punishment is over, Gajeel reassures her and tells her that Mirajane will be taking care of her now. Mirajane, holding Erza as she is sitting in her throne, says in a evil grin that Lucy will be joining them.
The next day, Mirajane is seen being spanked by Erza and tells her that it's her turn to do as she pleases.
Welcome Back, Frosch
As the members of Fairy Tail are enjoying their Guild pool, Mirajane approaches a sneezing Makarov, asking him if he is okay.
Welcome to Fairy Hills!!
As Lucy is trying to decide which job to take from the request board, she sees a job that says a reward will not be given. She thinks it is a joke as Mirajane appears to confirm there is no record of the job, and asks Lucy to go to the Fairy Tail female dormitory, Fairy Hills, to confirm it. Later on as the boys are cleaning the pool, Mirajane is sunbathing by the side of the pool. After the boys destroy the pool, Mirajane scolds Master Makarov for losing his swimsuit.
Fairy Academy - Yankee-kun and Yankee-chan!
Lucy transfers to Fairy Academy, where Mirajane is in her class. Mirajane helps their homeroom teacher, Happy, get up to his desk when he is having trouble because of his short height. During lunch break, Mirajane eats with the other girls of the Academy and also discusses with them about the Courage Academy challenging them to a fight. After school, the next day, a fight breaks out between the students of the Courage Academy and the Fairy Academy, and Mirajane is used as a hostage. After the fight ends and the other students free her, they all go out for karaoke together. At the Karaoke, Mirajane puts on some make-up, similar to her Satan Soul, frightening Lucy.
Mirajane and a younger version of herself appeared in the third OVA, Memory Days. Her older self is seen, at the opening of the episode, informing Wendy who is looking for Natsu that he is helping Erza and the others at the Guild's library. Seeing that Wendy is carrying Natsu's muffler surprises her that Natsu could forget about his most precious item. Her younger self is seen harassing Macao and Wakaba while telling them that she stole and ate Erza's cake, in the hopes of she could pick a fight with her. While Erza thinks that Gray and Natsu were the ones who took her cake, causing young Mirajane to think that she beat her this time.
The Exciting Ryuzetsu Land
After the third day of the Grand Magic Games, the members of Fairy Tail decide to visit a resort in Crocus. Arriving with the rest of the guild, Mirajane and Lisanna feel bad about not inviting Elfman, even though, outside their knowledge, he has snuck out of the infirmary to go with Evergreen. As the two walk around, Mirajane is suddenly approached by Jenny, who rips off her bikini top as payback for their battle the day before. Unimpressed, Mirajane returns the favor and quickly pulls Jenny's bottoms down, much to the pleasure of those watching. Over their little tiff, Mirajane, Jenny and Lisanna then go to get some drinks, and sit chatting until Natsu uses his Dragon Slayer Magic and accidentally blows the resort sky high, sending all the women flying.
Fairy Tail Portable Guild
Mirajane appears as a playable character in the first Fairy Tail Video Game, Fairy Tail Portable Guild, and is playable only if you unlock her through quests. She has no element, though she does have a purple Take Over crest, and she possesses the following Spells in the game:
- Dream Knock: Cost 2 MP, Default Technique
- Transformation: Natsu Dragneel: Cost 4 MP, Finish any quest with Natsu Dragneel as your partner to get this technique.
- Transformation: Gray Fullbuster: Cost 4 MP, Finish any quest with Gray Fullbuster as your partner to get this technique.
- Transformation: Lucy Heartfilia: Cost 4 MP, Finish any quest with Lucy Heartfilia as your partner to get this technique.
- Transformation: Erza Scarlet: Cost 4 MP, Finish any quest with Erza Scarlet as your partner to get this technique.
- Satan Soul: Cost 4 MP, Mirajane must be at lv35 and you must use the unlock password to purchase this in shop.
- Evil Explosion: Cost 4 MP, Mirajane must be at lv40 and you must use the unlock password to purchase this in shop.
- Darkness Stream: Cost 4 MP, Mirajane must be at lv45 and you must use the unlock password to purchase this in shop.
- Soul Extinctor: Cost 4 MP, Mirajane must be at lv50 and you must use the unlock password to purchase this in shop.
Her Satan Soul transformation and the spells that come with the transformation were only released as a special event and obtaining a password to unlock them.
Fairy Tail Portable Guild 2
Fairy Tail Gekitotsu! Kardia Daiseidou
- Main: Dark Explosion (魔光滅 Dāku Ekusupurōjon)
- Sub 1: Somersault Tail (サマーソルトテイル Samāsoruto Teiru)
- Sub 2: Dark Cutter (魔空滅 Dāku Kattā)
- Sub 3: Ripper (烈爪 Rippā)
- Super: Dark Tornado (魔風滅 Dāku Torunēdo)
- Her name comes from parodying the username of Hiro Mashima's friend from an online game. The first half of her name, Mira,' means "peace."
- From the Volume 16 Limited Edition: Sorcerer Interview, the best quality of Fairy Tail, according to Mirajane, was "Everyone is really nice". She is thinking of becoming a singer in the future. She has a good relationship with everyone in the guild. Mirajane, like her brother Elfman, did not wish to comment anything on the most difficult job ever taken.
- She considers Plue to be the strongest spirit ever.
- She's good at cooking, as stated by Lisanna.
- In Volume 32's extra content, Mashima provided the battle statistics for 31 of the 40 X791 contestants in the Grand Magic Games. The stats, however, were provided not from Mashima's point-of-view as the author but from the viewpoint of Sorcerer Magazine reporter Jason, which explains why some stats are missing and why others may be inaccurate. According to Jason, during her participation in the Grand Magic Games of X791, Mirajane's stats are:
- Mirajane's favorite food is Kuzumochi because, according to her, the texture of the food is irresistible.
- In the Extra Content of Volume 27, it's shown that Mirajane has adopted a stray dog that barks as "Tsoo-wai!!", although she claims that he is still a stray dog that often comes to her house. In Volume 30, however, she states that the dog is also a part of her family, calling him "Alexandria Strauss."
- In the manga, when she first appeared, someone threw a bottle at her head, which caused her to bleed. In the anime, someone threw Elfman at her and she only had a bump on her head.
- On a separate incident in the manga, Gajeel Redfox gagged Mirajane by tying a cloth around her mouth and chained her up using restraints created by his Iron Dragon Slayer Magic when she was preparing to sing for the guild, so that he would be able to sing in her place. In the anime this scene was omitted completely.
- (To Elfman Strauss) "It was never your fault that Lisanna died, back then too, you were just trying desperately to protect us."
- (To Freed Justine) "This battle is so meaningless, don't you think? We're friends you know, fellow members of the same guild, smiling together, laughing together, walking together."
- (To Freed Justine) "When people realize how lonely it is being on their own, they will become kind."
- (To Lisanna Strauss) "It's tough to accept but I don't have enough power left to defeat that guy, It's impossible for me right now, but I believe that there is someone in the guild who can. So your sister is going to forfeit here, but you don't need to worry, Lisanna.... I will never let you die again!"
- (To Racer) "You're just running away ... I'm moving forward. In a confrontation the person who wants to help their friends is ... stronger than the person who escapes."
- (To Kamika) "Magic is not meant to be used to kill people... but without power we can't even protect the ones we love..."
- (To Kamika) "You know... when I'm in the tournament... or my friends are close to me... In other words, when someone is looking, I tend to restrain my power. Maybe it's an issue made by that contradiction. But when I'm alone... That's when I can release my full power!"
- (To Kamika) "Poison? That's merely a dessert... for a Demon like me."
- (To Yukino Agria) "Everyone exists for a reason. as small as it can be... I'm sure you have a meaning too."
- (To Juliet Sun and Heine Lunasea) "Indeed I am... I've been called that, and far worse, for as long as I can remember. So it doesn't phase me anymore."
Battles & Events